• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange Problem with 3D Camera Tracker's screwed up Bullseye, Create Text or Solid and Camera

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2012 Sep 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I create a 3D Camera Tracker Solve I get no bullseyes target, but I can see all the tracker points. When I right click to create the "Create Text and Camera" I also get nothing no Text or Text field. I've been following several tutorials to the "T" and I still get nothing. What's strange is this was working fine last month when I was using the Creative Cloud trail free for 30 days.

On further trail and error I noticed something very, very weird. I noticed after I made the "Text and Camera" there was a  red pixel blinking within the triangulation of the 3 points. I zoomed in all the way to 1600% into the red blinking pixel and noticed it was the Text field's Cursor. When I inspect the Text layer's "Scale" it stated that the Text is already sized at 3000. WTF? Even zoomed in at 1600% it's only the size of my pinky finger nail. If I enter a ridiculous Size amount such as 1,000,000 I can finally see it on the screen and to top it off the 3D orientation is totally off from the plane chosen from the triangulation of the 3 points. The orientation is also totally wrong in a different plane then the 3 tracking points.

Please help I can't follow any tutorials because something is terrible wrong. This is way beyond me. Everytime I watch any tutorials I'm stuck because of this. I'm going to attach some photos to better illustrate these problems.

Ps. I also noticed when zoomed in at 1600% I could finally see the Bullseye which made me realize the connection. so again like the Text Field issue if I max out the Target size to 10000% I can finally see the bullseye target. Even sized at 10000% the target displays only at approx. 2" This is totally wierd.

thanks for your time, betamax.

TextCamera_WTF.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AHHH thank you. Such an easy mistake to make!! Was getting worried I needed a new graphics card, glad I skipped to the end of the forum first!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do you do this? im having the same problems, there is no track points showing:/ can you reply asap im halfway through a edit:/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the Camera tracker in the ECW and then you should see the targets.

Carefully watch the short video I posted above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there a skype or facebook twitter or something i talk to you on so i can stream my computer screen to show you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are asking a lot...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2014 Jan 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found this thread, but I'm still having some issues. 

In my project I'm trying to use the 3D camera tracker on some footage.  No matter what I do the target and the tracking points don't show up. The tracking points only appear when the "render tracking points" button is ticked on.  I then tried my usual test footage that I always use to practice tracking and what not. Still no dice.  BUT, when I opened a new project and tried my test footage everything was fine. 

Any ideas what may be going on?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DStangeBoston. As jonash said before, make sure all your viewport layer controls are turned on. Click the options button on the top right of the composition window and click "view options..." Make sure it's all on.

Hopefully that will fix it for you. That's what happened to me when I had this problem, I was on a machine where someone had previously turned them all off. It's absolutely infuriating not being able to see the markers and not figure out how to turn them back on! It's not an obvious button, Adobe should put a notification up if there off and you're trying to use the camera tracker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Harry.  It's still not working.  It must have something to with the project I'm working in or something. 

You're right it is frustrating!! Lol

I went to the view options where you said and toggled the switch at the bottom of the comp window. 

Any ideas? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2014 Feb 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have the 3D camera tracker effect selected in the effect controls window. Then press Ctrl + Shift + H

This will bring up the layer controls AND the camera tracking points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2014 Mar 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help! everytime i motion track ,it didnt work so i had to split the scenes and add 3d camera tracker to each seperate portion of it. So after i did , i right clicked the points and added the null object and so on. But when i went to change the size or whatever,it would loose its point and not move,as if it wasnt camera tracked at all. I cannot find anything to help me on this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2015 Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this problem since upgrading to CC 2014, and the Viewport controls suggestion fixed it, thanks! With the Composition Pane selected, I went to the View Menu/View Options, then selected everything.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the layer you are trying to track is a different resolution to the composition then it won't track. Change either your layer size or your composition size, so they both match and you should find that this camera tracker works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know you, but i want to hug you.

I was working on a file, and suddenly the targets disappeared.

Thank you for posting this. You just saved me hours or work!!!

Boomer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2014 Jul 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just ran into this problem and our problem was that the comp window was NOT selected to view "Active Camera." It was "Top"... we changed back to Active Camera - reset the tracker so it tracked again and voila!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2015 Oct 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just experienced the same thing and I had my comp view set to FRONT view...instead of ACTIVE CAMERA.  Then I could see the markers and grab what I needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to say that Adobe's built-in camera tracker quality/abilities range from mediocre to terrible. When they actually gets a target correct it's a cause for celebration. Two get multiple targets correct is practically a miracle. And if it actually produces a solid that is placed correctly with the proper plane alignment it's time to call the press. We end up taking most of our camera tracking into other apps and then import the data into AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines