• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatically insert selected items when creating a folder in project tab

Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm tidying up my project window, I select some elements form the list of it (for example all the imported footage) then i press on the "create new folder" icon and I loose the selection. So I have to re-select all the elements form the list and drag it into the new folder which is annoying. This happens to me every time! When creating a new folder, I would love if after effects would notice that a bunch of stuff is already selected in the project window and put it all in the new folder. What do you think?

Idea No status
TOPICS
UI and UX , Workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

If you select the items and drag them into the folder icon at the bottom of the Project panel this will create a new folder with the items inside. I beleive this is based on Photoshop's way of grouping layers.

I assume this is why they don't have the behavior you suggest. 

I would prefer a different command for what you suggested though like Premiere Pro's New Bin frm Selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate
2 Comments
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select the items and drag them into the folder icon at the bottom of the Project panel this will create a new folder with the items inside. I beleive this is based on Photoshop's way of grouping layers.

I assume this is why they don't have the behavior you suggest. 

I would prefer a different command for what you suggested though like Premiere Pro's New Bin frm Selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey thepixelsmith thanks! I didn't know I could do that!

Votes

Translate

Translate