• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ability To Create Roomtone That Matches Audio

Engaged ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes we don't have the privilege of gathering room tone, or room tone changes midway throughout a clip (A/C turns on, for example).

Ideally, you could run a process (similar to Capture Noise Print) that takes your selection and looks for the quietest bits. Using this, it would generate tone that would match the room tone/ambience of the clip.

iZotope RX 6 has a similar feature under the name "Ambience Match," which is an absolute lifesaver.
Idea No status
TOPICS
Effects

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A decent workaround might be to Capture Noise Print on the section of room tone, then apply Noise Reduction on louder white noise using the "Keep Only Noise" setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kevin the only issue there is that I'd have to have a section of clean room tone to use in the first place to capture the noise print from.

Right now, I get audio from various sources and room tone isn't provided. I have to go in and manually delete chunks of audio that are too loud to be room tone. I can whittle an hour long audio clip down into room tone in about 15 minutes, but I'm slowly manually doing what an algorithm could do in seconds.

The best workaround right now is to use other software, which is what we're doing. But I truly think this feature would be beneficial to a number of Audition users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ambience Match is a key tool in the RX6 package. Would love a similar option in Audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sound like a very useful feature +1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Strip silence works well for finding room tone (where you only keep the 'silent' bits) - vote for that feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate