• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Generative Fill Button greyed out (age)

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After selection is active, I cannot use the generative fill button. It's visible, but greyed out...

I already switched from german language to english without success.. Please advice. Thanks !

Patrick

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

This issue was fixed with the 24.6 release

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Current known fixes/workarounds for this are listed in this FAQ: 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Everyone, if you are having issues with Generative Fill, please download the latest beta: 

Adobe Photoshop Version: 24.6.0 20230603.m.2196 77b00e0 x64

and restart Ps beta and see if this solves this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 769 Replies 769
769 Comments
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I found the solution in some other forum. I entered to https://www.behance.net/ from adobe, I loged in with my adobe account and I entered my real age. It's working now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @J E L !

Here are the directions again so they are in this thread too:

Why is the Generative Fill button greyed out if I'm over 18?

If you find that Generative Fill is greyed out for you and you're over the age of 18, it is possible that you may not have a valid Date of Birth associated with your Adobe ID account. To update your Date of Birth, you can do either of the following:

• Sign out and sign back in to both the Creative Cloud Desktop app and the Photoshop (beta) app
  • If you sign in using social sign-in (Apple, Google, and Facebook), ensure that your date of birth in that account is set to public instead of private.

Once your Date of Birth is up to date, relaunch the Photoshop (beta) app to enable Generative Fill.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/generative-fill.html

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but no luck (or whatever is needed). Still only version 24.5.0 20230426.m.2152 bba44a7 arm64. oh well....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if this is a phased release where Enterprise does not receive on the same release date as individual IDs. @CoryShubert do you know if this release is fully available yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I can't use the features because Adobe says I'm not 18. I am 45 though and would like to make that known but don't know where. In my account I can unfortunately nowhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leider kann ich die Generative Fill Funktionen nicht nutzen, da ich laut Adobe nicht 18 bin. Ich bin zwar 45 und würde das auch gerne bekanntgeben, weiß aber nicht wo. In meinem Account kann ich das leider nirgendwo.

Wer weiß rat? Bitte um Hilfe! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tarja P. at WSOY you list 24.5... this is release Ps and NOT Ps beta. Make sure you are talking about beta. Generative Fill is NOT available in release, just beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubert I did download PS Beta latest version. It shows: 

Näyttökuva 2023-5-26 kello 18.32.20.png No update for this available for this for me. Thanks for all the help all the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious @Tarja P. at WSOY is your system sitting behind a VPN? We have had customers report that turning it off allows the updated Ps beta to show...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@hamidi93929034 please explain what unavilable means, do you see the GF button and can't click on it, or do you not see the option at all?  Any screenshots of what you are seeing would help the team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! 🙂 It worked immediately!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jens300871210d82 you're welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubert  Shutting down and disabling VPN makes no difference. I guess I need to wait for the next update. I also have no clue how to annouce or change my DoB, signing in and out of Behance/Adobe does not give me any place to check or fill it in. I have been using PS from version 2.0 and this is the first time I am getting impatient with it 😄 Thanks for all the help, looking forward to future instalments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the beta version, when I try to use a generative fill, it says that I am not 18 years old, although I have been an adult for a long time, how can I fix this?

ееее.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@alexreal 

Why is the Generative Fill button greyed out if I'm over 18?

If you find that Generative Fill is greyed out for you and you're over the age of 18, it is possible that you may not have a valid Date of Birth associated with your Adobe ID account. To update your Date of Birth, you can do either of the following:

• Sign out and sign back in to both the Creative Cloud Desktop app and the Photoshop (beta) app
  • If you sign in using social sign-in (Apple, Google, and Facebook), ensure that your date of birth in that account is set to public instead of private.

Once your Date of Birth is up to date, relaunch the Photoshop (beta) app to enable Generative Fill.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/generative-fill.html

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably made a mistake while creating the account.
That's where you set it, and I've been looking for a bit but I can't find where to change it either.
I think you are going to have to ask adobe

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account.html

at the bottom you can click a link for contact us

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI @Tarja P. at WSOY one last question from me - is your CC desktop app itself  howing that you have an update for the CCD app?

Click the cloud icon inside the app - if there is a pending update to the desktop app itself it may not be showing up to date info.

Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 11.41.43 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @fjpos what version of Photoshop are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kevin stohlmeyer @CoryShubert Thanks for all your effords. It looks like according to CC desktop app (updated today) I should be up to date and nothing showing as pending. Never before have I been disappointed to see that status 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on photoshop main menu , go to Edit -> toolbar -> a window will open,
on it u'll see in the right side : the tools that been exloded,
click & hold and drag them back to the left side underneath the tool group you want

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of people have had trouble with this, including me. The trick is go to your Creative Cloud account desktop. On the aps page, go to Behance (second from the bottom) and believe it or not the answer is you need to enter your date of birth to your profile. Apparently Adobe requires you to be over 18 to use it. Worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got a free trial to try the generative fill features on Photoshop Beta and it is not allowing me to because it says I am not 18 years of age. I am 21 years of age and my email has this correct 2002 birthday, I have scoured the settings and the web to find where to change it and can't find anything. Suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the suggestions here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/generative-fill.html#generative-fill-greyed-out

If you find that Generative Fill is greyed out for you, it is possible that you may not have a valid Date of Birth associated with your AdobeID account. To update your Date of Birth, you can do any of the following:

Once your Date of Birth is up to date, relaunch Photoshop and open Generative Fill to use it successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate