• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does anybody else feel like the constant bugs and problems in photoshop are destroying productivity?

Explorer ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't super constructive but I just spent yet another hour chasing down yet another bug that was preventing me from from getting my damn work done only to finally get back to it only to have the software crash yet again. It seems like every release it's just a crapshoot whether it will even work at all enough to maintain a proper workflow and it's gotten so bad that that I just avoid updating at all because half the time the latest update is worse than the previous one despite the fact neither of them work properly and I end up having to roll back the update because it's even more unstable than the previous or a tool i need stops working properly. 

Between the last 5 times I updated, i had to update because brush tool stopped working properly, then the color picker preview ring stopped showing up, then the software was super unstable and started lagging out brush strokes on larger documents, then flick panning broke and would lock up the software entirely, i just updated again and now the software has crashed two times today resulting in almost a half hour of lost work with the latest version.

Back in the CS# days i just never had these issues. Am I the only one who feels this way?  I'm not reporting a bug because they've all been reported here, and that's how I resolve them (When there is any resolution at all, often there's no fix currently.)  but every time I do this i gotta drop my work hunt around here for a an hour, try 5 different troubleshooting steps and i've lost yet another hour of worktime when I got a deadline to meet.
Am I the only person who feels this way? This product has really really become unreliable and I'm paying more for it now than I ever have.  This is starting to really not feel like a premium professional software.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, not super constructive. 

If you have a bug to report, you do it here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/how-do-i-write-a-bug-report/idc-p/12932310#M...

If you have a feature request, you do that here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/how-do-i-write-a-feature-request/idi-p/123863...

You have a specific question or issue, you ask us, we try to help. This is a user to user support forum. 

Now let's start again, or move on. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

loll it sounds a little rude. The user wanted to share his feelings about own experience with software, and see how others deal with same problems. He's aware of bugs reports section he found himself and explained why additionally made this post. I wouldn't say he's bored to just drop by and say 'Hey people let's talk.' 😄 After all his frustration, that must be really bad experience for him to hear from first person he met these kind of words, like provided content of this type is not welcome over here. Now the image of the company may be disapponting enough to rethink alternate solution. That's rather not Adobe goal to help them to lose clients by lack of our empathy 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kukurykus wrote:

loll it sounds a little rude. The user wanted to share his feelings about own experience with software, and see how others deal with same problems. 

This is a user-to-user support forum. The author isn't asking for help correctly or specifically. Yet!

There are areas of the forum for logging bugs.

There are areas of the forum for requesting features. Both get Adobe staff's attention.

The volunteers providing support here have a goal, we not doing so to provide sympathy or keep other users from getting bored. We volunteer to provide support aid for specific, defined, and outlined issues with the software. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to look from wider perspective. If something still doesn't work you may start believing it's normal, and you don't think to change it. Not singly - the particular thing, but whole method - as concept. If you like how the things work that's good for you, but we people have different sight at same matters. We would have conflict about if couldn't understand others are not even our clones. That's what for you is acceptable is not considered same by others. This user most likely doesn't fit to your vision. Sometimes we think we know indisputably better, but that happens surely in our mind, when we go beyond, we discover that worked only for us, as we were limited by scope of individual perception.

I'm looking into core of user problem, not just another bug. If you think this kind of approach is useless then it may not be part of your interest to discuss about, but wouldn't you really be happy Adobe to reborn as better provider of less failing applications, than constant repairer for own stuff? Not that the second is less important. Now it's surely more valuable, and that's the problem.

If user will finish up now with nothing else we usually offer as help, maybe that's what he is supposed to recieve instead of typical procedure. Then he'll know where he's at, to make more proper decision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's true this application worked much better in old days. At present (plus few years back) already with subscription model things were getting worse. Now it's truly stressful to make update when we can't be sure whether we're not going to finish in same spot we left previously, once again. We obviously can block updates for longer time, but then after year we finish with unsupported version, so we have no choise. Update must be done. Then we find out how much changed in the meantime - the changes we didn't follow at time. Although features we had problem with were fixed indeed, the others we happily used have been broken. If then you add the need to invest in your machine to use newer release (though you were fine with previous you were enforced to leave) you start to ask the question to eventually come on the forum to say them publicly, speciffically as no tech-savvy user. Just a one that purchased product not in the order to struggle with it and look for workarounds of learnt techniques. In the end spend extra time on forum, following progress in eliminating bugs and then reading opinions how much that's risky to make newest update.

I agree reporting bugs doesn't solve the problem you came to us with. It's more serious subject. I wouldn't like anyone to discredit concerns of ordinal users, ignore their posts - the alarming signal to company to work out better strategy. Without voice like yours some decision maker may delude the current system works great, and there is no any doubt about it. Alas you don't fit this pattern with your realation, so before management won't realise its imperfect approach, you may be treated as troublemaker 😞

If you want to continue your story with Photoshop, then try to write constructive post - inspiring others to action. Think of the solution, tell us of changes you would suggest to make things for better. What's your future idea to take us out from this blind alley...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one, certainly not Adobe, forces anyone to update their software. IF the question is, how to keep from updating software, ask. As again, this is a forum for users to ask other users for tech support of an Adobe software product, file bugs and make feature requests, nothing more. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read between the lines 😉 I am not talking about literally being forced to update. I was hoping that the form used would be understandable to you, because after all, you are a frequent visitor to the same community as me. There are other reasons for this, and I don't mean the right to use the latest updates because of paying for them. In this post to the user, I have included other important aspects, they are essential. When it comes to being up to date, I explained how it is with the functioning of some tools in one update, repaired in the next, and then the failure of something else when the former can be used freely.

Of course I don't deny your right to use strict policy to support users. You may do it this way. In my first comment to you, I noticed how harsh sounds your reply to user that has something more specific to say, I guessed you could miss out. Not every post has specified construction we can share ready answers for. Some like this one is from other category, the category itself. We are in Disscussion type of conversation, so like the name says we are allowed to speak of our views at application issues. The users are not robotic avatars we mechanicaly answer to, they are real folks wich their objections to share their way, and if willing, to debate over. Volenturing doesn't restrict us from communication on other level, which may lead to propositions to recreate into distinct requests. When ending with interesting conclusion we may also use our channels to let know employess to rethink them, plus read related posts.

Anyway we're most likely are not at same page, or we're fans of other books 😛 For me it's not like in office: question -> answer -> no more problems to handle by our service? then move on -> ah and please call the next client to my room 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an ACP, a volunteer asked by Adobe to provide support. I don't read between lines, assume or do anything other than provide support. Please refrain from hijacking this thread of which as yet, the OP has not asked for a specific answer to a support issue; the role of these forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay - next time I'll use other word than 'force' (by which you could think something else that 'force' I meant despite context), so you'll focus only on text lines 😉

I'm not going to hijacking this thread, no worries. I hope you noticed the other posts were between us, as you were willing to have a talk with me. Thank You for this!

By the way - the question is in the title - an invitation to share our answers, and it was not directed to specific kind of user, but to everyone...

And of course I'm providing support as well as this thread shows. I don't negate you do it very well too when you meet your 'target' user 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the OP (baserock love) has a specific issue or problem he/she needs assistance with, I suggest starting a new post with that issue in the name, questions or steps that produce the issue, and information about the version of the software product, the OS and any pertinent information so others trying to help can do so. Otherwise, there isn't anything else to discuss in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@baserock love,

I will only say software that stops responding or frequently crashes is not normal or expected behavior.  Assuming you have sufficient memory, CPU and GPU to support Photoshop, try resetting preferences.  

- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html
- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Reset Preferences:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Failing that, please reach out to Adobe Support for technical assistance.

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines