• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BRAW settings not showing up at all (not even grayed out)

Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2024 Jul 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a student with the latest Premiere using footage he shot with his BMPCC4K with the latest BRAW plugin installed on his Macbook. I've found plenty of thread about the BRAW settings being grayed out, but his settings aren't even showing up on the Source tab at all.

Any advice on how to fix?

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Color , Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jul 24, 2024 Jul 24, 2024

Autokroma and BMD both ship BRAW plugins; which is your student using? [That plugin will need to be present on all systems working with that media.]

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
8 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Autokroma and BMD both ship BRAW plugins; which is your student using? [That plugin will need to be present on all systems working with that media.]

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean the BRAW plugin isn't showing on the student's computer, or on another computer viewing the project?

I work a lot with BRAW, and although BM does provide a freebie plugin, "you get what you paid for" ... I had constant problems with it. One of the things I found out is the best support for using the BM freebie in Premiere is actually available on the Autokroma website!

They have several papers and tutorials on using the BM freebie.

Autokroma also has their own free offering, and the paid one which I have chosen, which has a lot of definitely useful additional options.

So which ever one you want to use, go to the Autokroma page to get it working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I show in the attached image, it isn't even present in the Source tab. We can't force our students to have to buy an extra plugin, as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you go check out the Autokroma page for information  as I suggested? Doesn't sound like it. And as Adobe does not actually support BRAW, the Autokroma site is where you go.

Because, as I noted, the Autokroma site has the best support and documentation for BRAW workflows using the BM or Autokroma freebie plugins anywhere.

No reason you need to buy the Autokroma plugin to use their help materials. And I will also note, their plugin cost is far less than any "college" book cost I know of these days! Your students spend a ton more on books than many plugins cost.

As it is, on your student's system, Premiere is not recognizing the plugin, which can have several causes. Check the Autokroma site as they will have an answer for you at no cost.

BTW ... I understand doing things on a low budget for student purposes. But if you really want them to learn about working with a professional application in video post, you should also include discussions of plugins. Your students need to know how working folks actually, like, work.

For instance, I work for/with/teach pro colorists. Nearly all of them based in Resolve or Baselight, which have extensive effects for all sorts of things, right?

But nearly every colorist I know has at least one full suite of effects ... such as typically the full Boris suite, and quite likely both full Boris and the Maxon/Red Giant ones also.

In "straight" video editing, many editors do vast amounts of their daily working processes aided by plugins/effects acquired through aescripts.com, and if your students don't know of that site, and the wide array of low to medium cost but amazing tools there, they should.

It's how work gets done. All sorts of things that speed the workflow, from text creation, project organization, archiving projects, creating image transitions/wipes, sound mods, just anything and more than you can think of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a Google search for the Autokroma site, it's here in case anyone is interested. I don't see this issue listed, though. But thatnks for the recommendation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have extensive documentation that covers nearly everything, and past that, you can ask them and they offer pretty quick responses.

@Nicolas from Autokroma does post on here every so often also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will reach out to him, as it appears this topic is not covered. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jul 26, 2024 Jul 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Thanks @R Neil Haugen for quoting me !

Note that you can always contact us from our Autokroma website if you need quick support (we don't check this forum every day, only from time to time). 

About your issue, it is weird indeed. It could come from different things :

- a bad installation (please try to re-install latest version online !)

- maybe you merged then unmerged your braw item ? 

- maybe you started with the black magic plugin then switched to BRAW Studio ? 

What does happen if you re-import the BRAW file ? 

Best,

Nicolas from Autokroma 

Votes

Translate

Translate