• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export times taking significantly longer on mac

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently edit on both a mac and windows computer(when editing in the office I'm on mac, when working from home I use a windows pc). I've noticed for the past few weeks my mac randomly started taking much longer to export. Nothing changed with export times on my pc so I was confused why my mac has been struggling. I run the same version of premiere (version 23.6.2) on both computers. I'll include my pc and mac specs below:

PC:

Nvidia 3080 gpu

AMD Ryzen 9 CPU

128gb RAM

Asus ROG Strix motherboard

Windows 10

Mac:

Processor - 3.7 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5

GPU - Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB

RAM - 40 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

MacOS - 13.6.3 (22G436)

As an example, a 10 minute 4K video I export on my pc will normally take 10-20 minutes whereas the same video takes 4-5 hours to export on the mac. Does anyone have an idea what may be causing the slower export times on Mac?

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Computer configuration , Export , Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>I've noticed for the past few weeks my mac randomly started taking much longer

What changed on your mac system, in the past few weeks? Before these past few weeks, were the render times of your systems more similar?

Can you provide a project with media that takes a lot longer to render on mac, than windows? [Upload space available upon request]

Votes

Translate

Translate