• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.insv file will export directly from Premiere Pro but not when sent to Media Encoder

Participant ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a video with one insta360 .insv clip in it. When I export to Media Encoder (YouTube 1260p 4K Ultra HD preset) as usual - it gets stuck right at the spot where that clip is in the video. Media Encoder just freezes and I can see it's on the clip right before the .insv clip. 

It exports fine directly from Premiere Pro. 

I've:

uninstalled/reinstalled media encoder

tried it with beta and regular premiere pro (latest versions as of July 25 2024)

tried it with a past version of ppro and media encoder

tried reseting the preferences in ppro and media encoder (shift open)

tried exporting to different presets 

tried all sorts of things with the clip itself, making it offline, relinking, exporting in the Insta360 app and using that, etc... 

Any suggestions much appreciated. 

Mac Studio Apple M1 Max

OS 13.4 (22F66)

PrePro Beta 24.6.0 b75

Media Encoder Beta 24.6 b66

PrePro 24.5 b57

Media Encoder 24.5 b50

also tried past version of Ppro/ME... 

Latest Insta360 plugin/reframe installed. 

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Hi angelog272,

We're sorry to hear about this. Is this happening specifically while exporting in H.264 format or with other formats as well? Would you mind sharing a download link for the sample media with which you are experiencing this issue? It will help us diagnose the issue properly.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate
15 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi angelog272,

We're sorry to hear about this. Is this happening specifically while exporting in H.264 format or with other formats as well? Would you mind sharing a download link for the sample media with which you are experiencing this issue? It will help us diagnose the issue properly.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Status updated to Needs More Info.

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - The normal preset I use is YouTube 1260p 4K Ultra HD.

Just tried ProRez LT and got the same result.

The file it's getting stuck on is here.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/8fb49nqlchv7bxj2qi6qm/ADMTv3QLCO_6vrMKnku_gQg?rlkey=gli16zjuincndenbq...

but i've done tests on other videos and it's happening with any insv file. File exporting straight from PPro works fine - doesn't work in ME...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I belive it has something to do with the Insta360 Reframe plugin. When I remove that from the clip - it exports through ME. But obviously - I have to use the plugin. It's just strange that it's fine exporting from premiere but doesn't work in ME. When I open ME - I can see "insta360" flash by on the opening so I think the plugin is installed there as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 26, 2024 Jul 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any other info I can provide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to check to see if the provided file was helpful and if there's any update. thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 31, 2024 Jul 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumeet - this is still marked as "needs more info." what other info can I provide? thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2024 Aug 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi angelog272,

Sorry for the delay. We were testing the issue at our end. It seems like the issue is happening because of the Insta360 Reframe effect. Media Encoder is able to render the sequence after disabling the effect. We will ask the team to check it further. For the time being, instead of Insta360 Reframe, you may try the VR Projection effect to frame your shot & then try exporting from Media Encoder. Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any documentation on how to use VR Projection to frame 360 video? I'm messing with it - and I don't understand how to use that effect to to stitch it together. thank you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I get with GoPro Reframe. A giant stitch line.
Screenshot 2024-08-01 at 5.42.57 PM.jpg

This is what I get with VR Projection...

Screenshot 2024-08-01 at 5.45.12 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2024 Aug 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same Problem. ME cannot handle the Insta360 Files with Reframe Plugin. I use Premiere in the meantime to export. I hope Adobe or Insta360 can fix that bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2024 Aug 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

had a similar issue earlier this week, however it seems that I'm no longer having this issue anymore. I took several 8k 360 videos with the Insta360 X4 and was hoping to batch export with Media Encoder overnight. ME kept crashing earlier this week when trying to export with an .insv source video, but after updating to the latest 24.5 Premier Pro update, it seems like they may have fixed the issue? I believe I do still have the Insta360 plugin active.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 12, 2024 Aug 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any update here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2024 Aug 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We believe the problem is with Insta360 and not with us. We have contacted them asking for feedback. I also see AME constantly crashing on quit when using their plug in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 14, 2024 Aug 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. It's just strange that I have no issues exporting directly from Premiere Pro. Only through Media Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate