• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Playhead stutter during playback

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2024 Aug 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Playhead always stutters when browse panel in Essential Graphics is open while playback. When you change to edit section or close it, problem disappear. 

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 27, 2024 Aug 27, 2024

Hello @izmedya,

We need a product team member to comment. A bug is filed here. Sorry for the lack of a response.

I hope we can help you with this soon.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
14 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if I'm the only one experiencing this problem or there are others too. From what I noticed after a period of work, PPro becomes very slow, scrolling through the timeline has an annoying lag and I have to restart the application. Today I noticed that this slowdown is due to the Effect Control panel, if I close it the timeline becomes fast again, even faster than after the restart. And another problem I'm experiencing, after applying an effect from the presets, the playback lags when playing. And this problem is solved by closing and opening the effects panel.

System info
    Application: Premiere Pro (Beta) v24.1.0.15
    OS: Windows v10.0.19045, RAM: 95.93 GB GB, CPUs (logical): 16

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I noticed that this slowdown is due to the Effect Control panel, if I close it the timeline becomes fast again, even faster than after the restart.

By @Ovidiu B

That is what I have been saying for some weeks; the effect controls panel induces slow playback.

If you make sure no clip is selected in the timeline (as in ECP is empty) playback is normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It'd be interesting to know which effects were displayed in the ECP, when you experienced the lag...???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No effects, with effects, makes no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the Essential Graphic panel is displayed in Premiere 24.5, when I press space, the CTI on the timeline does not move and the video goes....instead, the CTI moves in the program monitor (when I turn off the Essential Graphic panel, everything is normal)...why do you do this to us every time, we have to choose which panels will be open and which will be closed... is that a bug, or does Premiere just work that way.....
....this is not the only example of bad panel manipulation, there were more in previous iterations...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

new system, fresh Pp v24.5....no files in Media Cache Database, Media Cache Files, Scratch Disk, no files in Documents/Appdata...latest studio drivers 555.99...all is the latest and without old versions of anything ...here is the proof....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1utS0duHKZkM12zv_igSCqiykxIpLvLKb/view?usp=sharing 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the lastest update my playhead wasn't moving. I tried a different Window>Workspace. The playhead would move again. After setting everything back to my ideal workspace layout, and saving it, the playhead stopped moving. I tried "Window>Workspaces>Reset To Saved Layout" and this didn't work. 

Solution: I closed the "Essential Graphics" window and now it works. Don't know if that helps, but it solved my problem. 

So...

Dear Adobe Professionals, please have a look into the "Essential Graphics" panel interfering with playhead function. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2024 Jul 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry about the trouble. Can you share your system details (OS, CPU, RAM, GPU)? Could you also try resetting preferences and see if that helps?

https://adobe.ly/3W5RUbb

Let us know.

Thanks,

KR

moved to discussion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2024 Jul 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay Community I have a very weird anomaly.

Normal Setup PC with 3 Display.....

Left Monitor Preview and Source and till today Essiantal Graphics

Middle Monitor Timeline

Right Display everything else

Proble: Playhead not moving when I start the Project. 

Solution:

1. Close Panel Essential Graphics in the Left Display
  2. Moving the Panel Essential Graphics on the same Display as the timline

I really don`t know is this a feature or a bug. The Setup worked for me for Years till now. From now one I will hide Essential Graphics in another Panel and not keep it visible all the time and check again after the next Update. 

An by the way:

I made a Test with the Standard ALL Panels workspace from Adobe. When I move the Essential Graphics on another Display the PlayHead will not move when playing the Project Content 😉

Don`t ask me..... I am only happy I found a solution for my workflow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you trying to move the playhead? By pressing play or by dragging it?

If by pressing play, what are you pressing to make it play?

Also, do you have Sequence > Selection Follows Playhead turned on?

Cheers,
Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Paul,

thanks for your answer. I press Space bar for play and yes the Option Selection Follows Playhead is turned on.

And I found out that it is NOT the Display that counts.

I have this kind of behavior when the  Essential Graphics is not in the Same "Panel Group" with the Timeline.

Don`t want to make this bigger  as it is. I have a solution: Different Panel Group on Display 2 but not active and everything works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2024 Aug 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @izmedya,

We need a product team member to comment. A bug is filed here. Sorry for the lack of a response.

I hope we can help you with this soon.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate