• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Premiere media bin automatically scrolling to the top. Fixed in version 25

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After adding a clip to one of my project folders, the bin keeps on scrolling to the top automatically. 

I closed and reopened the app, but the issue persists.

The issue happens only for that specifin folder, all others behave as usual.

Premiere Pro version is 24.5.0 (Build 57) on Mac OS Sonoma 14.5

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 13, 2024 Sep 13, 2024

I've just run the same test in v25.1.0 BETA (Build 11), the latest beta that shows available at the moment on Mac, and I couldn't replicate the issue. That seems promising.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 11, 2024 Sep 11, 2024

The bug is marked as fixed in v.25.0 Beta.

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 107 Replies 107
107 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2024 Jul 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Project Window with all of my video clips I keep running into a "bug" where it starts scrolling to the top. This seems to only happen in Icon view. For instance, I have 100 clips in my project with 2 columns, If I'm on clip number 50 I'm scrolled down pretty far. Randomly while moving clips to the source monitor the project panel starts scrolling to the top. Once this starts happening it continues to do so until i restart Premier pro. I can scroll down and it immediatly starts scrolling back up. While it is scrolling up everything else in the premier pro seems to work fine, I can go to the timeline and hover over the time and scroll in/out  which tells me my mouse is likely not the problem. I have tried unplugging both my mouse, keyboard, and all other things connected to my computer with a usb. This seems to happen randomly, could be within the first 15 minutes of opening the program or 2 hours in. If anyone has any suggestions that dont have the possibilty of messing up my current project id love to here them. With so many clips it takes a while for premier to reload everything and generate icons so restarting is getting to be a bit time consuming. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this was driving me insane. What an odd bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! This worked for me. Quick fix until it's patched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2024 Jul 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ANCHOR POINT,

We're sorry about the poor experience. Please let us know if you are still experiencing this issue. If so, could you please confirm if this is happening specifically in the Icon View?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2024 Jul 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HAving the saem issue suddenly on new project. Dragged/dropped in icon view and the autoscroll began. I did draga clip to the timeline and it stopped scroll but only temporarily. Once I move clips around within the same bin the scrolling begins again. Very frustrating but i'm sure it will be addressed. Mac OS 14.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2024 Jul 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this issue since the latest update. It happens at random projects and at random times. So mine isn't about a specific folder. Premiere's been adding lots of bugs lately. It's getting harder to work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Still experiencing this issue. And it happens to me in thumbnail view. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

We're currently investigating this issue. For the time being, please use the list view to avoid the scrolling issue. We will keep this thread updated as we get more information. Thanks for your patience.

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same problem. When I'm on another window/in another program while Premiere Pro is open in the background, and then when I return to Premiere Pro, it often (but not always) does that. Two examples: when I returned from editing a clip in Audition, and right after dragging some footage into the project panel to import it. It was annoying before, but it became a more serious problem once I realized I was unable to scroll down to select a clip to put into the timeline. Not looking for a reply here, but hoping Adobe will fix this. I will write a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2024 Jul 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm editing to the beat using markers in the timeline.  I switch to the project panel and maximize it for a better overview.  I then start organizing my clips by dragging and dropping them (still in the maximized screen).  Suddenly my mouse starts auto-scrolling.... Highlighting another panel doesn't help, the project panel keeps scrolling.  Restarting Premiere Pro doesn't help either, after a couple of minutes it starts scrolling again.

Is this some kind of bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2024 Jul 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i do agree there have been some issues lately that are super inconvenient, this been the last one that slows down my workflow so much. List view doesnt always work the best with a lot of videos named img45245, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Aug 01, 2024 Aug 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quickly drag any of the scrolling clips onto the timeline. It should stop then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw a fix on here, tried it and it works.
When the project bin is scrolling, just grab any clip and move it to timeline.
~You don't even have to drop it, just wave it over the timeline and the problem stops instantly.
~You can drop it back in the bin if you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha, ha... that's classic Dave,

"~You don't even have to drop it, just wave it over the timeline"

Well done mate! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its even easier. Just click and drag any file in the bin for like a few pixels (then just release) and it stops. STILL it's super annoying and I cannot comprehend HOW is this still not fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2024 Aug 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it worked!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2024 Aug 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to switch icon view to list sort view, it helps for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2024 Aug 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this is triggering the effect for everyone else, but I did find something that may be triggering it. For myself, it's every time I'm organizing my footage and dragging it into different bins. More specifically, it's whenever I'm holding a few clips in the selection and having to go farther down the media bin than what shows. The bug doesn't impact the list or freeflow view mode for me. Wish I had a fix for everyone lol 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2024 Aug 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restarted Premier Pro and the issues got resolved. I am using Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 2020 model if you are wondering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2024 Aug 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its a bug and should be fixed by Adobe.  it's infuriating and slows the workflow no end.  Kevin please try and raise it for a fix 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2024 Aug 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 10, Release 24.6.0 and Beta 25.0.0 Build 29. Release 24.6.1 is out but I have not yet installed.

I can replicate the bug in both versions.

Today, sometimes I could "fix" by clicking on an item as it scrolled past; sometimes not. Today I could fix by closing the new bin, then reopening (in list view since that is my main Project panel setting) and chaning to icon view.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2024 Sep 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works! Thank you for sharing. Today is 9/02/2024 and this bug is still an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2024 Sep 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reseting workspaces worked for me. I was having the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2024 Sep 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not fixed. Still happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2024 Sep 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit 10/10/24: On a different Win10 machine I see the bug in 24.6.1. I don't have access to the original machine at the moment.

Original post:

@janantonka,

What version are you running?

I just tested Release 24.6.1 and Beta 25.1.0.2. Works correctly in both. I used the same test method I described earlier: create a new bin, double-click to open in a new panel, set to icon view, and drag a bunch of clips from windows explorer.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/p-premiere-media-bin-automatically-scrolling-to-the...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate