• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Unable to select text or add new text with Type Tool

Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2024 Mar 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to select or edit the existing text using the Type Tool. The selection gets instantly reverted. This also happens while adding new texts. Restarting the app is the only workaround. Here's a screen recording of the issue:

pr.gif

Premiere Pro Version: 24.2.1 (Build 2)

Laptop: Asus Vivobook Pro 15

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 5600H

Graphics Card: Nvidia RTX 3050

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Graphics

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Edited 7/18/24:

The original bug in this thread was from early 24.x Releases, including 24.2.1 That bug was fixed in Release 24.3. But similar problems are affecting some users with 24.5.0, and those reports have been merged with this thread. I cannot replicate the problem in 24.5.0. Specifically, adding and deleting a mask in Effect Controls does not create a problem.

Edited 3/29/24:

This bug is fixed in Release 24.3.0.

Original post:

See this bug:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/unable-to-select-text-or-add-new-text-with-type-tool/idc-p/14481907#M22542

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 5 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Hi! Thanks for reporting this issue. Our team is investigating the bug. Looks like this is happening every time you delete an effect that allows Direct Manipulation in the Program Monitor (like a mask or the crop effect).

As bad as this is, at least we found a workaround that will hopefully get you editing somewhat smoothly again. If you enter any kind of Direct Manipulation before editing the text, it should work again. For example, click on "Motion" or "Vector Motion" in the Effect Controls pa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Hi @Matt Young,

Check out the 24.3 Beta build. The bug should be fixed there. Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Hi geraldW,

Sorry to hear about this issue. Please let us know if you are still experiencing it. We will get it checked. For testing purposes, have you checked whether you can use the Text panel > Graphics tab to type/modify the Text layer in the sequence?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Hello @defaultr8rbg2obpuau,

Thank you for filing your bug report and providing the information needed to help solve this issue. I hope the team will respond shortly. I'm sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 12, 2024 Jul 12, 2024

Hello @TheRossle,

Thanks for filing this bug report and for the information you supplied. I hope the team will address this bug report shortly. I have updated the status of the bug report. Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 135 Replies 135
135 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2024 Sep 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bart5FF1 Can you share as much info as possible, please? We have been struggling to get an internal repro but are very much interested in fixing this. 

- Does this always happen or only intermittently?

- Mac or Windows?

- Can you make a video of this issue?

-anything else you can think of? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2024 Sep 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2024 Sep 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Thomas30312860ttmr,

Thanks for the screen recording. You are running 24.5.0?

Are you running your project in OneDrive? Do you get the same issue if running from your local drive?

Windows?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2024 Sep 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any solution to this bug yet? This is crippling my workflow.

I'm on the latest version (24.6.1) and it is impossible to use the text tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2024 Sep 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Stan Jones  I am running 24.6.1

My project is saved on my desktop. Running Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2024 Sep 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save your project in a dedicate folder, not on the desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2024 Sep 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, @Thomas30312860ttmr! Your video solved the mystery. It's the Reference Monitor causing this. Since this panel is going away with the next release, it will take this bug with it. In the meantime, close it when working with graphics.

In case you are curious, here the Beta Post about the Reference Monitor deprecation: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/now-in-beta-deprecation-of-the-in-app-r...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Thomas30312860ttmr, now there's some payoff for your effort! Thank you again for the recording.

@Annika Koenig.

That is a relief to know there was something to fix!  Congrats to the team. And yes, I can replicate in 24.6.1 with the Reference Monitor in the same panel as the Program Monitor - it was a little inconsistent, and I did not test very thoroughly.

And there is no Reference Monitor in Beta (I'm only looking at 25.1.0.18.) So no problem there.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other examples that have had this problem don't show the reference monitor being open, like my video while subtitling I posted earlier:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2024 Sep 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@morphinapg,

Thanks for the reminder that your situation was different. And in part because it appeared intermittent. Also it deals with subtitles. And you are working with a locked video track.

I tested 24.6.1 further with the Reference monitor open. If I attempt to edit text with the Selection tool active, I get the problem. If I switch to the Text tool first, I do not.

If I try this with subtitles, I have no problem, perhaps because selecting a subtitle changes to the Text tool before typing the edit? I did not try locking the Video track.

@Annika Koenig Could there be another condition other than Reference monitor?

morphinapg's original post is here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/p-unable-to-select-text-or-add-new-text-with-type-t...

His post here suggests the opposite to my observation that the selection tool is the problem rather than Text tool:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/p-unable-to-select-text-or-add-new-text-with-type-t...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate