• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Freezes & Crashes, Corrupt Timeline, Can't export, No workarounds after a year

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Premiere Pro CC freezes and crashes at a specific section of my timeline everytime I play past it, scrub past it, or try to export the projet. This is a very serious bug, and all known workarounds are inneffective after a year of troubleshooting. The only way to avoid the crash/freeze at this particular corrupt spot on the timeline is to avoid playing that section, and to export the section before the corrupt area in the timeline, and export the section after it, and then stitch those two halves together in another new timeline, meaning there is not way to rescue the one second porition of the edit that causes the crash:

All common workarounds & solutions for Adobe bugs/crashes have no effect:

1. I've tried trashing preference, thumnails, and deleting render files

2. I've tried removing effects.

3. I've independently tested, played through and exported out every single asset at that point in the timeline, and nothing is wrong or corrupt with original files.

4. I've even removed all files from the timeline at that location, and the application still freezes and crashes at the exact same point in the timeline, even though nothing is on the timeline.

5. I've removed all markers from timeline.

6. I've reinstalled/change/rolled-back video card drivers.

7. I've reinstalled, updated/ rolled back Adobe Premiere Pro install.

8. I've tried Media Encoder, it freezes at the same spot.

9. I've tried exporting via software rendering instead of hardware rendering.

10. I've coped the project to a new timeline, and to a new project.

It is as if there is an invisible point of corruption on the timeline itself, that is copy/paste-able. And once it effects your project it is impossible to remove without entirely re-editing the project. I've experienced this three times now, on projects in duration betwen 30 minutes and 1 hour. Please advise if anyone has found a solution to this issue, before I go bald from pulling my hair out.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Export , Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?