• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with exporting my video. "Error code 39"

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a little bit of both a bug report and discussion, but I put it under bug report because that's the closest it's going to get about this topic.

The known issue of NVIDIA and Premiere Pro not working together and crashing has been causing me more issues than just crashing. I first ran into error code 39, then it started giving me other errors that I don't exactly remember what they said, though it exported 1 video 3 times when I clicked export once, and all of the videos were corrupt files. I also ran into this problem last night while trying to export the same video, waiting around 10 minutes for the 100% to go away and give me the notification that it had been exported, but I got tired of waiting, tried canceling, and Premiere crashed.

Does anyone have any possible solutions to this?

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Peace Nathan

I received this error recently. I spent hours troubleshooting and finally found a solution

The issue I had is that my harddrive/storage was full. I deleted some files and the file exported successfully. Right click your harddrive and select properties(windows) and make sure you have enough space for the new exported file to save on the harddrive. I recommend freeing up double the space of the new file.

Let me know if this works for you. Happy Editing

Votes

Translate

Translate
69 Comments
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time i render edited episode on premier pro with greater length than 1 hr, facing this issue, it show erro code 39,  tried to render the episode by splitting in two parts, sucessfully done, but unable to do in one go. tried two different projects, please help.error.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What build of Premiere / AME?

What OS?

The more information that is given the easier it is to help.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premier 23.3
Windows 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this too... but only with really large (>150gb, >12hr) files.  I think it's a disk space -- or Windows file size limitation thing.  As soon as I only exported my video in two pieces, it was fine.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Syed Aon Ali30015544ivdd

what format is the drive you're exporting to?  There are file size limitations for certain drive formats and I'm guessing the format of the drive is FAT32...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HaloFinancial, what is the format of the target drive for your export?  There are file size limitations for certain formats, in particular FAT32.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@George24334722tdfeincredible work sir. Comically correct. I updated the firmware on everything from my GPU to my grandmother before learning your astute diagnosis. I will be returning my GRE in shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CHANGE FILE NAME. as old as time, renames the file. If you have a lot of files, learn to do it in bulk, you also need to learn how to wholesale change file paths in the PP design file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I had the same problem, as most of us here! 

In fact, I only had a problem with 4K video processing. I tried to make the same file in full hd resolution and it worked immediately.

Since Adobe recommends 32GB of RAM for 4K processing, but I have 24GB, I suspected that was the problem. But since I found several hints about free space on the hard drive here, I started looking into it. I had such a capacity that after processing there should have been a few more GB of free space, but it seems that it was not enough.
Anyway, I moved the files to another drive and got over 100GB of free space, and when I tried again, I got the same video processed!

Hopefully it will also work with the next video 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.Launch your project
2. "Save as" in another place with a different name
3.Restart Premiere Pro
4.Run the newly saved project and put it on render

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS BRO, I'VE BEEN FIGHTING WITH MY PC FOR SOOOO LONG

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution that always works. Go to the Davinci Resolve page, download the software, find out that life can be beautiful, and never look back. It works every time. I'm currently using this Premiere thing just because of the Autopod, and even with that it doesn't pay off. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious if you ever figured out how to fix this issue? I have the exact same problem happening with an almost 4 hour video. I keep being told that its a space issue, but I'll have double the space needed and still failes to export. I've waited as long as 45 hours multiple times to see if it will finally down load, but failes every time. Just tired of trying. And Adobe support is the worst to deal with. Absolutely hate talking to them on the phone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joshf17443900, Have you tried smart rendering?  

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-what-is-smart-rendering/td-p/10648488 

Might help if you tell us your system specs, your source properties and the output format and the available space on startup drive and all other connected drives...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What i'd do is: make sure you have at least 3 times more free space than the estimated file size on the hdd, and try to change the output resolution. When exporting, before we have the video file, premiere makes two individual files, one audio and another one with video only. From those two files, it compiles the final video, and then deletes the video and audio files, witch are temporary files, meaning that if your estimated file size is lets say 5gb, you'd need at least 10 gb of free space. As for the resolution, today i had a project, standard def video from a vhs tape. I got the code 39 err trying to export in with the same res as the original file, 720 by 576. Space was of no concern to me, but two times in a row it didnt work. Ive changed the output res to 1080p, and it worked. I hope it helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorin32134484bm7k,  Great post...  a clear explanation of what might be the issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, 

I had ample space. more than double the space needed. I just ended up breaking the video up into smaller segments and that worked for me. Not sure what the heck the issue still is. I've had Adobe support try to help for weeks and they couldn't figure anything out. Just been very frustrating to deal with. I appreciate the input and advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I waited TWO HOURS for the render to finish only to get this error at the end, EXACTLY AT THE END!!! Estimated file size 16gb, 28gb free on disk. ADOB, YOU ARE SICK!!! I just have no words!!! If this problem is about lack of space - WHY THE DOES THE RENDER START AND GO TO THE END???? Encoder version 24.0.2, Windows 10 22H2. Omg......

2024-02-08_212247.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I don’t know of any other program that warns you if there’s not enough
space for your export. Doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist, but I haven’t seen
it. Depending on the format of your export, the size of the finished export