• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Style browser closing when clicking on timeline (version 24.4.1)

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the most recent update (24.4.1). The new style browser, for stylizing multiple or individual captions in Premiere Pro, is now closing every time you click on the timeline. Before, I could click or drag the playhead to certain points in the edit, and the browser would stay open - now it does not. Which means I have to click the style browser icon every time I click on a new caption.

The style browser is an amazing tool for adjustments to caption coloring - and a big help for subtitle work. The new update very much combats this. Would very much love a fix!

(Sidenote: it did previously close, if you clicked the gray area of the timeline. But it didn't, if you clicked the timecoded, dotted line. Now I have to scrub through the timeline in the Media Browser - not optimal.)

Bug Started
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Graphics , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Thanks for catching this @bulov ! This is indeed a bug. For captions the style browser is not supposed to close when switching between captions or when moving the playhead. It should close when selecting any other kind of item on the track (e.g. a video clip) or when you de-select a caption. We are working on a fix and are hopeful that this will make it into the next Premiere update in June 2024.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 22, 2024 Jul 22, 2024

The status of this bug report is updated.

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate
10 Comments
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bulov,

I see the same thing. I remember thinking that it was annoying that the new browser would not close unless you clicked the button again. And I wanted it to close as soon as I clicked a style! Thanks for the description of a workflow where the opposite is true.

@AnnikaKoenig Can you comment?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for catching this @bulov ! This is indeed a bug. For captions the style browser is not supposed to close when switching between captions or when moving the playhead. It should close when selecting any other kind of item on the track (e.g. a video clip) or when you de-select a caption. We are working on a fix and are hopeful that this will make it into the next Premiere update in June 2024.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @bulov,

Thanks for filing the bug report. @AnnikaKoenig,  a Premiere Pro product team member, has acknowledged it.

I hope the team can help you get this issue fixed ASAP.

Thanks,

Kevin

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been really great lately, quite a number of Product Team members have been posting to the forums.

Well done guys. 

@Kevin-Monahan @AnnikaKoenig 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bulov and others: we were able to get a fix in! You can check this in a current beta build (starting with 24.6x13). And it will also be fixed in the next regular release of Premiere Pro. Thanks again for reporting this! Annika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the shout out @MyerPj ! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2024 Jun 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing! I just noticed the fix - THANK YOU SO MUCH. I really like the new style browser feature; it literally cuts my subtitle workflow, for color and style, in half. Thanks again for finding a fix! 😁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2024 Jul 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay! That's awesome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The status of this bug report is updated.

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Kevin-Monahan,

I have confirmed the fix in Release 24.5.0. As long as a caption is selected, the browser stays open, including if I scrub the timeline with a caption selected or navigate in the Text panel/captions or transcript tab. Once no caption is selected, or a regular video track item is selected (including a graphics/text item), it closes.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate