• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text randomly doesn't update after editing transcript

Enthusiast ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having a few issues with the transcription engine. Namely, I'll correct a word at the beginning of a paragraph, click out and the change won't "stick" - the engine will do one of two things. Revert to the previous text or delete the word altogether and leave the three dots in brackets (...) for a pause. I have seen it happen in other parts of the paragraph, but less frequently. The behaviour is you see teh screen flash to the previous words (whihc it does even when it does update) but then never go to teh edited version.

This is a minor but a gotcha bug because you have to carefully watch the screen to ensure that it doesn't happen or you might think you've updated something, only for it to go to the client unchaged. (Don't ask me how I know that)

Apple M1 Max, 32GB RAM Sonoma 14.1.1

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JOHN MONDO I'd love to track down what's happening here. Could you share which version of Premiere Pro you see this in, and maybe also a before/after screenshot of the transcript so I can try and make it happen on my system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

Okay, I won't ask!

This has come up in multiple versions, and I have been unable to replicate it. And as you say, it seems random. Be sure to update this post if you see it in the new Release 24.1.0.

Here's the only other report I could find at the moment.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/transcript-correction-is-broken/td-p/1396288...

@Kerstin Ebert was unable to replicate the last time.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt - I managed to replicate this today but it wasn't working on captions - just working in the essential Graphics Panel. I decided to grab my mobile and video it. Unfortunately I can't upload video here so put it my dropbox.

I was working on the second to latest release as I noticed there's been a new release today. Sorry, don't have the version number because I just updated it (stupid). Rebooting Premiere stopped the glitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dropbox worked fine. Generally, for a screenshot/recording to be most helpful, we need more context - Text panel, program monitor, EGP at the same time.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@JOHN MONDO Thank you! Those videos are helpful. For the case when you're working in the Graphics tab of the Text panel, if you then go back into editing the text does it have your changes? That would look something like:

1. Enter the text editing mode the says "Text A"
  2. Change the text to "Text B"
  3. Click away > the text reverts to "Text A" (this is the issue)
  4. Click back in to enter the text editing mode – what do you see?

Votes

Translate

Translate