• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Premiere Pro work with Windows 10??

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Premiere Pro work with Windows 10??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Yes, it's included in our system requirements documentation now: System requirements | Adobe Premiere Pro

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 135 Replies 135
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2015 Sep 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hp z840 24cores, 64gbramm and 8tb in ssds..... crash after crash in Premiere cc 2015 + media encoder. This is an insult to every Adobe customer. We've just lost two solid billable days to this and are still no further and deadlines are looming... sort it out!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive me ... but I don't understand why in Heaven you built a hot pro-machine like that and installed Win10, with the mess of problems video people are having with that OS still? And it ISN'T just the Adobe programs ... cards/boxes/external bits from various companies work with this machine on Win10 but don't on that one almost identical ... there's all sorts of crap going on like that.

With most of the software/hardware used on pro work still having difficulties with certain installations that are being darn difficult to hammer out, running Win10 seems to me a huge gamble. I don't care how much the OS maker says it's stable or ready for pro work ... or how much the other companies say their stuff works on it ... the in-the-wild experience is clearly it's a crap-shoot.

Win10 seems pretty stable and workable for most stills shooters I know. Runs pretty fast, actually.

In video ... wow, there's howls in different places where Adobe ain't even used. I don't think the video part of Win10 is "nailed" yet. Given what I've seen for posted comments, even if PrPro was "solid" on Win10, if you're running a bunch of internal/external additions like most editors/colorists do, you might likely have a problem with one of those. Would you still blame Adobe? Or really, how would you know?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil,

With all due respect, getting on here and berating someone doesn't do anyone any good. As I've mentioned, my exerience with Windows 10 has been the exact opposite than what you've described. Granted I build my own systems, so I pick and choose what goes into them, but I'm using peripherals that are over 10 years old and they work fine. Adobe CS6 through CC2015 work every bit as well as they did on Windows 8 if not better.

I think Nika would be better served if we got some more information on their particular system. I looked up the specs on the Hp z840 24core and was wondering what video cards and audio system they are using since that model is configurable.

I'll watch the thread and offer any advice that I think of.

RESH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Resh ... didn't mean to berate, but seriously question something.

As clearly noted or obvious implication, some people are doing well in Win10 ... maybe even the majority for all I or anyone knows. But a lot of people with good experience, and well-built systems from the ground up are having vexing problems. So ... it would seem ... if one is building a machine for Win10, it might be prudent to get it up and running solidly before depending on that machine for crucial, deadline-oriented professional work.

That machine he has, from what specs we've seen, is a serious beast. It should work very well if all the peripherals are as well chosen as the key parts we know of. If he has to rely on it immediately, however, the fastest way forward for him might be "back" ... to Win8 or even 7 ... just to get work out the door. As a possibility.

My stills peers have noted for the most part Win10 being very fast and "light" in feel. The first time they've really felt MS built a dang good OS. And yes, some/many are working ok on 10  ... but ... maybe it will settle out in another dot-release of 10 and of the various video apps we all run (which is rather all over the map). Personally, I would choose to build a 10 machine while keeping my 7 rig up & running, move over after testing it thoroughly. Or wait until nearly everyone just flies on it.

And yes, ANY help forward for those on 10 with problems is good to get on these boards.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, Neil, I understand. I think it's frustrating for a lot of people. And you're right, the fastest way might be to go back for now.

One thing I suggest with any system is to invest in a $20 removable hard drive drawer and a second SSD to image the current working system. Then clone the system drive and update it. If the upgrade isn't working for you, you can simply shutdown and slide the old drive in and be back in business in as quick as the machine can reboot.

I agree, too, when I read the specs I was jealous.

Anyhow, didn't mean to come down on you, but I feel for these people. Wish I could be everywhere to help them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That idea of the second SSD set to clone a current system & then upgrade with the ability to jump back ... we did that with mine a couple machines back. Saved my bacon when the new Ish of Os went belly with some of my parts. Very good & wise.

And yea, most of us here just want to get people working again ... and NOW, not tomorrow or next week sometime. Agreed ...

I'm watching the Win10 threads largely because I do want to upgrade as soon as it seems ... safe, mostly. And yes, we'll do it with as much reliance on cloned current system as possible when we do jump. Because ... some of the people running safely on 10 have noted significant (incremental) speed/processing increases. Who doesn't want that, right? 

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 26, 2015 Sep 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am back to Window 7 due to quicktime issues and other minor things

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 5:02 PM, R Neil Haugen <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting, because I have a super sweet setup with my Surface Pro 3 and am running into the rad issue of Premier hanging when exporting to Quicktime.

Just saying.     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Windows 10 works flawlessly with PPro 6 to CC 2015 and you only notice the speed but everything is the same. People with bad systems and below standard computers will always have problem. Get a good rig and have a peace of mind and stop the insults."

That's crap. I bought a brand new high end MSI with windows 10. Premiere Pro CS6 freezes everytime a video file is imported.

DO NOT UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10 ! .... it is a beta product, and Adobe does not support Premiere CS6 . Stay with what works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bisa,

I encounter the same problems as these people and I have a higher spec machine than you do. So, stop assuming that people have crap machines because you refuse to accept some people are encountering issues that you are not. Perhaps they are doing more complex edits then just dragging videos to the time line and hitting render?

Twin Xeon's, 64GB Mem, M.2 storage, SSD Raid, Twin GTX Pascal Titan X's

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run Premier on 2 different PCs. Well, 1 really. The PC with less physical resources exports video fine, whereas the PC with more Physical resources, shuts down when I export or render video from Premier, After Effects or images from Lightroom. Both are 2017 adobe Releases, WIN10 and NVIDIA Supported Graphics Cards but different cards.

I have worked with Adobe countless times for 'workarounds' where they get it to work one time and cut me loose only for issues to continue to appear time after time. It is very frustrating and I get the run around from Adobe, to MS, to GPU manufacturer.

I guess I am lucky in that it does work on one PC, but not the one I typically use, so I have to adjust my workflow.., right now the issue of not being able to export from Lightroom except in 10-15 image groups at a time is more of a problem right now.., and my next call to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest that it is better to create a new thread for issues you are currently having rather than add on to an old thread that has been marked "answered".

Makes it clear you have a query about a current issue.

There's been many threads that started long ago and been morphed into discussion of perhaps somewhat similar appearing issues with radically different underlying problems also. Which just gets to be a confusing muddy mess to someone looking for help via searching.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it will make any difference at all. I am at the point that i cannot complete a premiere project even on "software only." Premiere is less reliable now with CC 2017 even than it was in CS5. I cannot recommend Premiere to anyone. It is NOT ready for sale, this is not even a good beta product.

Get a MAC, and use Final Cut Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been there with things that hammered my work ... so I know the frustration. However ... the majority of users are just working away. There are some of the 'features' that aren't really useful ... such as the new HDR setup, which is clearly not ready for prime-time.

But the vast majority of the tool-set works for most users.

So ... at times I know, one wants to vent. And that's fine and normal. But it's also not particularly useful to figuring out what is the problem that one is having at the moment.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere has frozen with the white screen of death 5 times in the past 2 hours. It's not just venting. I have a powerful laptop with i7, 16 GB ram, nVidea 970M card, and an SSD for the OS. I've never had a piece of software that consumed so much of my time to troubleshoot it.

I absolutely adore the Adobe suite when it works, but ever new update since CS6 has increased the number of problems that I have to work around. Now I cannot browse the assets in icon view, I cannot use GPU acceleration, and I cannot scrub through assets in the project manager. I have to kill Premiere in Task Manager sometimes every 10 minutes because it hangs there and wont work but won't close. Other times it chugs along fine. When it's bugging out it makes my life miserable and causes me to miss deadlines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Venting" only referred to posting about general issues without any details to make an attempt to solve anything. And I'm not generally critical of it either. This is a user community and frustration is (it seems) a core condition of a large and constantly shifting section of "our" community.

I've been there myself. Incredibly frustrated. Most recently over the decision to de-link PrPro and SpeedGrade.

But often enough with additional details the problems of specific users or entire groups do get improved if not totally fixed.

I've been through enough NAB shows talking with both staff and users ... and enough forum time here and elsewhere  ... to have an appreciation of the general state of users. The vast majority are just working and never chime in on a forum because  ... why would they?

Until of course they hit a snag and pop in here or Creative Cow or just go to the help lines.

The main things that totally hammer some users .... like the way you're being ground to crap ... affect smaller sub-segments. Some of the Mac centric issues spring to mind. Many of the Mac Pro desktop users posting here insist that the team couldn't possibly have tested releases out on a Mac Pro as "nobody " with one can work.

Totally illogical argument. I think the majority of the team works on the same computers that the users insist can't run the program.

Which was largely built on such computers.

What the team clearly doesn't have a firm handle on is why some seemingly hardware driven issues exist only on a subset of that hardware.

And that hits all of us from time to time. And yeah, it's darn frustrating. To put it mildly enough to avoid auto-moderation over the use of words that more properly express the feelings.

Down at Adobe MAX a couple weeks back one of the most common phrases I  heard was your comment that you love the Adobe suite ... when it works.

Kevin-Monahan  ... suggestions?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Apple seems to be abandoning the traditional computer model to move over to a creative touch tool, I hope Adobe is moving in the same direction, as a marriage with Microsoft will surely end in divorce and heartache.  History has shown that the windows platform has been stagnant with OS and inconsistent hardware issues.  It's no wonder many of the largest corporate environments are moving to browser/mobile centric computing.  Us creatives will have to do the same.  I'm moving away from the Adobe platform as I just can't stomach a new machine every few years and being able to create without needing the horsepower of a serious computer, it's evident that's where the powers that be are headed as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of the hot-new beta ... ideas? ... previewed at MAX were designed to blend working with phone apps & desktops/tablets. So yes, Adobe is definitely working some pretty awesome ideas there.

As to Apple ... when the CEO is quoted as saying he has no idea why someone would buy a desktop these days ... and there's been nothing really built-from-scratch new in the big Mac computers in nearly five years now, just some new bits & pieces tacked on ... the writing is a bit more clear than just "on the wall".

I know some major colorists ... and that crowd has been even more Mac-centric than editing. They have to have powerful rigs, and there is NO tablet/surface even dreamed of could handle mixed sequences of 4k/8k (not even talking HDR) with a bunch of nodes/layers/effects ... period.

One of the major colorist/teachers of that group, Robbie Carman, a TOTAL Mac-"ethos" person ... is now teaching how to move to a PC. And yes, get more power and options galore ... with less cash outlay ... for a rig running both Win10 & Linux. A rig with as he sees it, a future to it.

And OS and stagnation and inconsistent hardware ... from participating on these forums the last five years, that has shifted more to the Mac side, and even as a PC person, I say that with great sadness. Apple used to be 'special' in the way they built stuff and backed it. Especially for graphics professionals. And anymore ... the vendors have issues with testing their gear for any new Mac OS as it's a shorter period than they had in 'olden' days, and worse ... when they find problems, rather than talking with someone who wants to fix the OS beta, they get ... meh ... nota  big enough issue for us to worry about. Which means that the vendors either have to come up with ways to get around OS issues, or ... tell their clients, you know that nice spendy external box? Yea? Well ... fuhgedaboudit. It's now history.

There's going to be a lot of stuff one can do with less than immense 'horsepower' ... but for now, any major editing/colorist/effects work is going to need some decent amount of it. Many "K", HDR, VR, all those things just point that way.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barton, your correct,  I tried so many things, I felt as if Microsoft and Adobe should comp me for the time, I lost a $15,000 deal and delayed other projects,  not just PP it was most of the suites.  Went back to windows 8.1 and things are fine except MS if trying to force re-upgrade to win 10

so now i am testing in linux have most of the products working great,  the others i am running in virtual box running windows 7 pro hoping to avoid the update, but i think in time i will have all adobe working on linux and stay away from these crazy problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My builder spent a lot of effort to get Adobe DVA's running in Linux a couple years back. Interested to hear how you get along on this. Very interested ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015, when I got Windows 10 my Premiere Pro was fine. Then there was an update for it and after that, it crashes every time I launch it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro 2015 was working fine for me on Win 8.1 and Win 7 (two different machines). I updated both to Win 10 and PP was crashing on one machine until I opened as Admin and enabled Quicktime to launch with start and now it seems to have loaded fine (haven't done any work on it). The other machine crashes when trying to open when I tried the same fix.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok how did you get quicktime to ld with start ?

i had to reinstall itunes quicktime pro   problem is itunes wont install now ituneserror.png

And I think this is why my adobe products are failing too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am   trying to install itunes again  Windows Module Installer (it was previously disabled by myself). to start that service, you just need to go to services.msc and look for windows module installer.  also did all the other things Apple and Microsoft recommend, but I cannot get itunes reinstalled  but quicktime installed

and Premeire Pro Still Crashes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2015 Aug 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try setting the compatibility mode to windows 7 or 8 by going to the Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, right clicking and going to properties>Compatibility and checking "Run this program in compatibility mode for" than choose previous OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines