• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ease In & Ease Out Shortcuts?

Engaged ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, in Premiere Pro CC 2015.3, I use the Ease In and Ease Out settings for temporal interpolation for a lot of my keyframes, but it's become EXTREMELY repetitive to highlight all of the keyframes for a clip, right click and select "Ease In," and then right click again to select "Ease Out."  This is so repetitive because I have tons of clips that I'm giving simple movements and opacity fades to, but linear temporal interpolation (the default) looks too harsh and sudden.  Because of this, I have several questions.  Please answer all of them if you can:

1. Is it possible to set the default temporal interpolation for ALL keyframes for ANY clip in a project / sequence (preferably to make "Ease In" and "Ease Out" applied by default when a new keyframe is added to a property)?
  2. Is it possible to add keyboard shortcuts that apply "Ease In" and "Ease Out" to selected keyframes OR to all keyframes for a selected property for a clip?
  3. If none of the above is possible, would it be possible to do with scripting?  I know that scripting for Premiere seems to be really uncharted territory, but it would definitely be much easier to click one button than to right click and navigate a menu twice for EVERY single clip in my project.

Obviously the preferred option would be to change the default temporal interpolation to apply "Ease In" and "Ease Out" for all keyframes (including when adding a keyframe to a property for the first time).  I've looked around and I've found nothing like this, though, so maybe it'll just have to be a feature request.

Anyway, please answer all of my three questions above.  Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Hi JohnT,

The team has added these to the Keyboard Shortcuts UI since you first posted. You need to add them manually, but they are available. Thanks to the team for adding them. Apologies it took this long. 🙂

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this has slipped a few pages, and I think this would be of interest to quite a few users ... so, let's see if ProDesignTools​, Vidya Sagar​, Kevin-Monahan​, or Trent Happel​ have any ideas.

As always, the Bug/Feature report/request form would be good ...

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JohnT,

The team has added these to the Keyboard Shortcuts UI since you first posted. You need to add them manually, but they are available. Thanks to the team for adding them. Apologies it took this long. 🙂

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do use After Effects, but usually for completely different types of projects.  I don't typically create finalized versions of videos completely within the program, and After Effects seems unnecessary since I'm simply moving objects around on screen.  But this is basically what I expected, so I'll just stick to my current method unless somebody knows how to do this with a script.

I'll go ahead and fill out the feature request.  I certainly hope this will get implemented.  Thanks for the information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't agree more about the need for this feature. Doing hundreds of edits and movements on footage, it would be great to make the default selectable such as "ease out" which currently makes the next point you set "ease in" - that would save a lot of keystrokes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe this still hasn't been added after all this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to the UserVoice system and post this. That goes directly to the team engineers and to the managers who set budgets.

From what I've been told at NAB by engineers  ... they can't share what's on the lists but with much rolling of eyes they note some of the silly things that get a lot of posts.

So. This would be a simple but very time-saving change. post the idea. If  you see one like this searching, vote it up.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the UserVoice system, so I can post this. Not having this feature has surely cost me a total of several hours, and that is growing by the day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines