• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit > Edit Original doesn't open/launch the AE project

Enthusiast ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit > Edit Original doesn't open/launch the AE project and doesn't seem to work anymore. Yes, I know you can edit the original from within AE. I'd like it to work again in Premiere Pro.

Mod note: The title was changed to reflect your issue. The post was edited for clarity.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correct

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, @rachelcenter! I just gave it a try with the latest release versions of After Effects and Premiere, but Edit Original did open the project in After Effects for me successfully, on Windows. Let me know if I should try Mac as well.

Since it is After Effects that is failing to open the project after being launched via Edit Original in PPro, I'm inclined to think the bug is on the After Effects side. Perhaps some special characters in the rendered clip's metadata prevent the path from working. Would you be able to share a link to the rendered file (in a DM, if prefer) so that I could take a look at the included project path?

Cheers,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes please try mac. I'm on a mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bruce Bullis @Kevin-Monahan @JohnColombo @UpstreamEditing I was having an unrelated issue this morning out of blue where i was trying to make a render example for John Colombo in After Effects. and as i was trying to drag the text from left to right in my AE precomp, it would barely drag and was soooo sluggish which was really unusual considering I have a 128gb ram computer and I've been running the latest version of AE for a while now without issue. So I had adobe remote in and I think they uninstalled it and reinstalled the previous version. and it kind of fixed it. then we upgraded again to the latest version. and out of the blue i said hey lets try edit original in premiere. and edit original worked again! currently running AE Version 24.4.1 (Build 2) on mac. Premiere Pro version 24.4.1 (Build 2)
Screenshot 2024-06-19 at 10.47.12 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great to hear, @rachelcenter! Please let us know if it ceases to work again. I'll move this thread to Discussions for now so that others can benefit from the uninstall/reinstall solution.

Cheers,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bruce Bullis @Kevin-Monahan @JohnColombo @UpstreamEditing the problem is back. its not solved 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which versions of each app are failing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

24.4.1 (BUILD 2) is where I hit edit original in premiere. and it didnt launch the project. it just opened AE.  i tried a few times. and edit original wont launch the exist AE project file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With which version of AE were you testing, when you encountered that behavior? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im running AE version 24.5.0 (build 52) for mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does un-/re-installing fix the issue, like it did before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

definitely dont have time to test that theory today. i have to QC an hour long show that needs to be on tv soon. I'm just baffled as to why it worked a few weeks ago when adobe remoted in. and now its not working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We share your consternation. 🙂

It'll be interesting to discover what has changed about your configuration, between when it worked, and now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines