Exit

Premiere Pro Community Digest—January 2022

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

January Events_01_banner.jpg

Premiere Pro Community Digest - January 2022

Happy New Year, Premiere Pro Community! Hello again, and welcome to the first edition of the Premiere Pro Community Digest for 2022. This digest of Premiere Pro community activities covers the month of January. With most of January and the update to the MAX release behind us, let's get started in reviewing the past few weeks and looking ahead to 2022.

Since mid-December, the Premiere Pro community has been using the latest version of the application: version 22.1.2, filled with cool new features. How's 22.1.2 been going for you? Hopefully, well. It was cool getting a few extra presents over the holidays.

Latest News

AdobeStock_239244529_sm.jpgHappy New Year, Premiere Pro Community!

With the holidays over, we can now look ahead to the new year and what it may hold for us individually and as a community. As your community representative, my hope for the group is that we are a more united force in creating positive change for the video and audio tools we use daily.

One way we can all do that is to file bugs, feature requests, and other associated feedback on the Premiere Pro User Voice site, where official feedback is collected. I've tried to include the relevant link to any feature request on some of the more popular posts in the forums. Take a look at the User Voice and voice your opinion by upvoting some of your issues by simply searching the site. Pretty straightforward. Your participation is appreciated.

AdobeStock_301198417_sm.jpgPremiere Pro Community: A look at January 2022

The incredible event on the immediate calendar for the community is the Sundance Film Festival, going on from now until the end of the month. Check out the Adobe Video and Audio Community Facebook Page for various panels being hosted right now. Here's one with Sundance Festival Director Tabitha Jackson that may interest you. The Premiere Pro team is super pumped to bring you these panels and related events.

No Adobe Video Community Meet-ups were planned for January, but hopefully, we'll be able to get started again in February 2022. Stay tuned for updates around plans for future Adobe Video Community Meet-ups in the time frame after the Sundance Film Festival.

In December, the Premiere Pro v.22.1.2 update was rolled out. I hope that all of you have checked out the new features. Please create a new discussion if you want to discuss the features or have any trouble with the application with those features.

Since the release, we've gotten even more feedback and bug reports from the community, so thanks to those editors taking the time to file a bug report or feature requests. If you have a similar bug report or feature request, make that here.

News and Blog Posts

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 3.29.59 PM.pngPremiere Pro Team Blog Posts

Cool! A few new Premiere Pro Team blog posts were posted. In this locale, you'll find new links to the articles related to Adobe Premiere Pro and its surrounding filmmaking community every month. Check them out.

Here's a blog post from our partners over at Frame.io you may be interested in. It's called, The Ultimate Guide to Premiere Pro’s Render Quality and Bit Depth Settings. It may unlock a few workflow mysteries for you and save you some time exporting. Have a look!

What's new?

AdobeStock_209522668_sm.jpgLatest Features: Adobe Premiere Pro (22.1.1)

Nothing new in the way of releases this month. Same new features as last month, but in case you haven't inspected them yet, I've got a link for you to look at for each feature below. There are a ton here. Documentation on the latest features is here. A detailed summary of the latest features is here.

New Features - Links to each feature

Premiere Pro Beta

Make sure to check out the Premiere Pro Beta forum to see what's new or any further announcements. I see that this month there are new hardware decoding options for HEVC 10-bit codecs on both NVIDIA and Intel. Nice! See these recent discussions

Have you checked out the beta version of Premiere Pro at all? Merely download the application from the Creative Cloud application to get it installed. Quick and painless. More info here. You can test future workflows right now with the Beta. Why not get those tests going now?

AdobeStock_242165194_sm.jpgBeta Features: Adobe Premiere Pro Beta

Check out all the new features in Premiere Pro Beta. Feel free to download it and discuss the features in the Premiere Pro Beta forum.

Features now included in Premiere Pro Beta

Check out all the community discussions about the Premiere Pro Beta version here. 
Premiere Pro Beta documentation is here.

Troubleshooting

AdobeStock_50912568_sm.jpgTop Troubleshooting threads

Issues with 22.1.2? Here are links to articles that might solve your problem.  

• Problems with Red Giant Universe Runtimes: This problem was fixed with the 22.1.2 update. Unfortunately, some editors are still experiencing this problem. More info here. See also Fixed Issues.
  • Problems with plug-ins and the Auto button in the Lumetri color panel: Fixed in Premiere Pro 22.1.2. Info here.
  • Issues with saturation and brightness and HLG footage: See this FAQ
  • Roughen Edge is not GPU accelerated: This is a known issue. More info here.
  • Memory Preferences for M1 Macs may need adjustment: See Known issues

ACP Highlight

Carlos Ziade - ACPCarlos Ziade - ACPFeatured Premiere Pro Community ACP - Carlos Ziade

It's time to present this month's featured Premiere Pro Community ACP, Carlos Ziade. I wanted to thank Carlos, who has been helping the community since 2016 and has penned 2,602 posts with a ton of "Likes" given by users like you. Carlos is a true Renaissance man of digital video, always friendly, and has been providing excellent advice for the Adobe digital video community worldwide. I asked Carlos to tell us more about himself to find out more about his background.

"I was born into a family already running a photography and videography studio in 1979; at that time, Lebanon was at war, so I was raised surrounded by cameras and lighting. In the 1980s, I started helping my dad develop negatives and photos in the darkroom and spent hours enjoying the magic! In the 1990s, I had the chance to start doing my first graphics and animation when my dad got the Commodore Amiga 500 to his studio, with something called a Touch Table, as I remember. I experimented with software like Deluxe Paint and Aegis Animator. Then we got the Commodore Amiga 2000 with a Genlock connected to a Panasonic Mixer and got a software called Adorage.

I first started using Adobe Premiere 5.0 (as I remember) in 1998, and it was the first NLE I ever used, packed with a Pinnacle Systems Video Card (we also used A/B Roll machines). I had the chance to work for many Television stations as a Cameraman and Video Editor, including BBC Arabic and France 24, at their offices in Beirut.

In 2012 I decided to start selling motion graphics templates, so I practiced After Effects intensely. Later, I started selling Premiere Pro and After Effects templates when Motion Array began in late 2015. I began selling mogrts on Adobe Stock when they first launched mogrts and created my website: www.curvevfx.com 

I got most of my experience when I started the template creation business since you have to create everything from scratch and learn how to be creative! Currently, I run my website and am a full-timer for a creative agency as an animator and video editor.

Starting at the Adobe forums as an ACP was one of my most outstanding achievements, where I met a lot of great experienced ACPs and Adobe staff that I learned a lot from!"

We appreciate you, Carlos! The Premiere Pro community lauds your efforts. Have you ever been helped by Carlos? If so, drop him a note and send him thanks, if you have a moment.

Learn Something New

AdobeStock_154760711_sm.jpgRecommended how-to content

Here are some great "How To" technique threads, videos, and other tidbits you may find compelling. Please let me know if you have a handy tutorial or technique to share with the community.

Premiere Pro Audio Editing Tips
By Mike Russell
How to Speed Ramp In Premiere Pro
By Javier Mercedes

Hacking The Transform Effect In Premiere Pro
By Olufemii

Edit faster in Premiere with keyboard shortcuts

By Storysium

That's about it for the Premiere Pro Community Digest for January 2022. Thanks for checking it out, and we'll see you next month.

Handy Links

Complete documentation for Premiere Pro 22.1.2 features

New Features

Fixed Issues

Known issues

Past Digests

Past Digests

Premiere Pro December 2021 Community Digest

Premiere Pro November 2021 Community Digest

Premiere Pro October 2021 Community Digest

Premiere Pro September 2021 Community Digest

Premiere Pro August 2021 Community Digest
Premiere Pro July 2021 Community Digest
Premiere Pro June 2021 Community Digest

Premiere Pro May 2021 Community Digest 

Premiere Pro April 2021 Community Digest
Premiere Pro March 2021 Community Digest
Premiere Pro February 2021 Community Digest

Newsletters for Other Adobe Apps
Photoshop | Lightroom | Lightroom Classic | InDesign | Illustrator

Premiere Pro Community Digest — January 2022

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?