• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with playback speed (Too fast) in Premiere Pro (Imported files from Nikon D4S and D810)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have installed Premiere Pro CC and I imported video files from my Nikon D4s and D810 cameras. During playback, the speed is too fast, and I cannot understand a word due to the speed. Why is this? Is the program mis-interpreting the fps rate? I have tried to alter the speed with shift+j or l, but the basic speed for the clips are just wrong. Anyone with tips for a frustrated new user of this program? It was not an issue with Premiere Elements or Finalcut.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Mentor , Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

and look into Premiere's audio hardware settings

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

I changed the input from the sound card to none, and that did the work!! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had that issue and it turned out that the NDI output in playback is what was causing my issue.  I disabled it and it was all good.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't consider this a "fix" to turn off the audio input. This is how I record my audio tracks. So after I record a clip, I have to go back into Edit>Preferences>Audio Hardware and turn the input off to listen to it and then return again to record more (back and forth and back and forth). Unless I am missing something? If so please let me know. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

December 2023... Still working!
Hahaha thanks guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another way to fix it:

Hi guys. I had the same issue a while ago.  Playback running way too fast with out of sync voice. It was really odd because before I put my PC to sleep mode everything was perfectly fine. Switching the Default Input in audio hardware settings from my main mic to "no input" has fixed the issue, but by trying other settings I found out something else. Switching from my first, main mic to another one (I have two of them) also did fix the problem. And...  I asked my girlfriend if she clicked something in Premiere Pro when she started up my PC. The only thing that she did was minimalize it to the tray and run a Steam. So I switched off all of the programs that could use my mic too, in that case - Steam and Riot. After this I could easily switch my main mic back in the audio hardware settings. So guys, please check if your mic is not being used by another program or game at the same time when you run Premiere Pro. In my case switching everything off that could use my mic besides Premiere Pro did fix the problem too. Hopefully it will help some of you!

Kind regards, Daniel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Playback stuttering and trying to play at 2x speed when it starts but then clearing up a few seconds later is still a major issue in 2024 with nearly top-of-the-line hardware... Changing the latency of the Audio Hardware setting helps but does not solve it. Changing default input to No Input like many here have said fixes it right away. Thank you so much to the people commenting on this thread.

I wonder whether this has been my playback issue all of these years on different machines. Yet, any time someone asks about stuttering playback, you always get the same unhelpful default comments and answers - and some of them not very nice. This should be the FIRST thing they tell you to check!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines