Welcome to Premiere Pro 24.6!

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2024 Aug 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro 24.6 Banner.gif

Welcome to Premiere Pro 24.6!

Update Icon.png

Hello, and welcome to the August release of Adobe Premiere Pro! Premiere Pro 24.6 is now available from the Creative Cloud desktop app. The new features include the following:

This update is recommended for all users. 

If you are experiencing any issues, please create a new post explaining your problem so we can help. If you have a bug to report or have any complaints, please do so on the Bugs forum.

Complete List of New Features in Adobe Premiere Pro 24.6

Premiere Pro 24.6 Features

In Premiere Pro 24.6, you can search directly for sound effects in the Essential Sound panel – including thousands of free files from Adobe Stock. If you need to sync video and audio files, you can now also natively work with Linear Timecode (LTC). Plus, we've added support for Canon EOS R5 Mark II and EOS R1 cameras. It's the perfect time to update! 😊

Learn about best practices for updating Premiere Pro.

whats-new-pr-beta-may-2024-audio-2.jpegAccess free stock audio inside Premiere Pro

Search for sound effects directly inside Premiere Pro, including thousands of free files from Adobe Stock. Filter music or sound effects using "free" or "premium" categories and license tracks while editing.

With Timeline Sync, you can press play on a music track or a sound effect in the Essential Sound panel to start media playback on the timeline. This allows you to preview the cues in the context of your edit to honestly give a sense of which track works best.

whats-new-pr-aug-2024-modify-clip.jpegLinear Timecode (LTC) support

With native Linear Timecode (LTC) support, you can quickly and accurately sync multiple video and audio sources from devices that encode timecode in the audio signal. You can use LTC to synchronize clips or create multi-camera source sequences.

LTC has become more popular and valuable since many newer, more affordable devices don't support recording timecode as metadata in the video file. A standard solution is to store timecode data in an audio track. While this track is audible to the human ear, it's a high-pitched sound that contains data instead of a "normal" sound. Many lower-cost timecode syncing devices can generate LTC.

Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 5.43.35 PM.pngExpanded Canon support

It works natively with Canon EOS R5 Mark II and EOS R1 cameras. You can import files and start editing right away.

Additional updates

The Obsolete Effects folder and plug-ins, Obsolete Transitions folder and plug-ins, and presets built from the Obsolete Effects are now removed. These effects and transitions have faster, more modern alternatives in Premiere Pro or offered by third parties. These effects are responsible for significant project slowdowns and performance bottlenecks. In addition to all the modern options to the obsolete effects and transitions within Premiere Pro, you can also use  third-party effects, transitions, and filters.

Premiere Pro Beta

Check out the latest features and discussions about Premiere Pro Beta in the forums here.

Resources

Complete documentation for Premiere Pro 24.6 features

New Features

Fixed Issues

Known issues

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2024 Aug 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, seems more stable than 24.4.1 or 24.5.

Had to delete all Media Cache file (good SOP anyways), but no "frozen program monitor" or "mucho delayed Sequence scrubbing" issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @@EDITpool-616,

Thanks for the report. I appreciate the positive feedback. I will share it with the team.

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2024 Aug 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin-Monahan ,
What was addressed in the PrPro 24.6.1 update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2024 Aug 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @EDITpool-616,

I'm unsure. Let me check any publicly released information. I'll ask the product team to comment further.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks exciting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin! I love how you spice up your newsletters with movement and animation! Love the banner.
Also pretty excited about the free audio in Premiere, I used to always have to go to YouTube or other websites to get audio and then play the audio and my video timeline as well to hear if it works. So I love this new feature!

headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the comments, mark@headTrix! I like making these in Adobe Express. I really love some of the tools there to make things fast and easy. I also like other stuff, like branding, custom templates, scheduling, creating gifs, and some of the other quick actions.

I'm with you. The feature makes me rethink the value of my third-party stock music subscription. I honestly do not use stock music very much except for personal videos which I've never released. I'll have to give the feature more of a play before I make my decision. One thing for sure, having it in app will save time searching around and trying things. Let me know how it goes for you.

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wow, you're using Adobe express to create these, very interesting. I just assumed you were using Photoshop or Premiere! But this makes sense! Yeah, I haven't tried the new audio feature yet to see what kind of sounds you have, but I'll let you know once I do. Good to see you this morning in Gen AI meeting. I was listening and making breakfast so I didn't have freehands to click the mic and chat! And as a first timer, I thought I'd just observe! I wish I was going to Max, if you hear of any openings or any speakers have a change of plan, or if they need help on the floor....please keep me in mind!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great!

_______
Senior graphic designer | United Nations Population Fund

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, free stock audio access in Premiere. 

Creative Community Leader / Educator - Empowering fellow educators with creativity and innovation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LTC support looks like a great addition, thanks Kevin for the update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2024 Aug 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is my playhead not moving when the video is playing on the timeline? How can I fix it. I have updated my Adobe premiere to the latest version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2024 Aug 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Latitude_Space Africa,

One thing you can quickly try is to choose Preferences/Settings > Audio Hardware and set the Default Input to "No Input." See if that works for you. If not, we need to troubleshoot or connect you with official support. Would you like me to branch your troubleshooting question to the main forum? Let me know. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. I found out that some other people also experienced the same issues and when they reset their workspace, the problem got solved. So I tried that and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool! Thanks for the message. I'm glad you're back on track.

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2024 Aug 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! More Cannon support! Finally!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2024 Aug 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is Amazing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2024 Aug 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hora de probar esta nueva actualización...

Harold Silva B.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just have to said that I have open premiere today and updated, and I already hated. This update that removed "Paint Bucket" doesn't make any sense to me, and it's ruining my experience with the software.
I have been using the "obsolete Paint Bucket" for making "Strokes or Border Outline around Images" and there is just no alternative to be found included in premiere pro for it, were you pick an image that is transparent, or you make a mask and with in that mask you set the "Paint Bucket" as "alpha channel + stroke" options, and you got the "Stroke or Border Outline around Images". It was not the best, but it worked. I can do this in after effects with different approaches, but it's just not effective to be jumping there just to make this effect since my whole project is on premiere, and there was an effect that could create what I need.

To me, this is just making the software worst.
Charging more for less is the feeling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can simply add a square shape with a solid fill and place it behind your image and scale it so the shape is peaking out from behind.... and make your stroke as thick or as thin as you want.  And now you can also animate it and have the shape come up and then the image flicker in, and you have your stroke and something interesting to look at. (And tons of more options to play with!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2024 Sep 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Wesley2775131687zl,

Thanks for the comment. Losing effects you rely on can be disheartening, and I'm sorry that happened to you. For this reason, I have long warned users to avoid using Obsolete Effects in new projects. My warning was that these effects would be removed at some point, and now they are removed. The only reason the effects remained was to restore legacy projects, not to create new projects with legacy and non-performant effects. I'm sorry you missed that workflow tip.

I hope we can help you with alternative workflows for the effects you loved in the past. I have a couple of workarounds.

• Create a project in a previous version. Place numerous random clips or generators and drag each Obsolete Effect to a clip. Create a new sequence and then copy/paste the effect to a clip in a new sequence. Does that work for you?
  • You might also check whether the effect is still in After Effects. If so, create a .mogrt that includes the effect. Drag the .mogrt into the timeline, then drag your clip into the Essential Graphics panel. The obsolete effect is now applied to the clip.

I hope the advice helps.

Take Care,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community,

• The 24.6.1 update was released today.
    • Please update.
  • 25.0 Beta build 40 was also released.
    • This contains a fix for the "scrolling project panel in icon mode" bug.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, love the stock update and canon support 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having stock sound effects available in essential sound, whi didn't I think of that as a feature request, sometimes the updates have stuff I just didn't realise I wanted until it was there. Wow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines