• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Scrolling / panning in the Program Monitor

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator: This thread was originally titled "Premiere Pro 24.4 Program Monitor Scrolls". It's been updated to make this thread easier to find. We appreciate - and are listening to! - your feedback on scrolling / panning in the Program Monitor]

I just noted after the 24.4 update, My source & Program monitor up & down rollers/scrolls on the sides just vanished or missing. Not sure if this still part of the zoom in, zoom out or use of hand tool new updates which has cause this to be removed or a bug - but, kindly let me know if anyone has experienced this issue. The screengrab below.

Idea No status
TOPICS
User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 170 Replies 170
170 Comments
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not an answer, talk less of the correct one.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the correct answer, they changed how to zoom and disabled the previous options. whould be nice if the release team said something about it or the engineers made it so we could use both features? i.e. can zoom in and out of program window with mouse and also assigned shortcuts. I litterlly spent about 1hr trying to find the solutions when i could be 1hr further in my edit..... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DANG! I'm so bummed... I loved this function and I came straight to here to find if someone found a work around. I hope Adobe's engineers hear this chatter and make that a function we can apply. At least make the zoom function (which is cool, for sure) a SHIFT + Scroll. Idk, that's my opinion. Thanks for doing the hard work and looking for a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

**UPDATE**
Shortly after posting my response, I found out that the STILL exists!! So instead of using the entire Program monitor and scroll wheel your way through the timeline... take your mouse and hover over the timeline that's in the Program monitor and it'll work. Of course, one wrong move and you'll be zooming into the pixels on your Program (lol)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

scroll area.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and can't find anything online about a fix or how to toggle these scrollbars on/off. I have different resolution footage (6K 360 Equirectangular on a 4K timeline - currently) so I don't think it's related to that. I'm also trying to edit masks. The best I'm able to do currently is use the 'hand' for moving around the footage, and then revert back to the 'arrow' for editing the masks and making other changes. I think there may be a bug in the latest update that's wiped out these scrollbars - maybe? Any help / suggestions much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No scroll bars anymore. Its not a bug but a new feature has be added

Continuous Zoom and Pan

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohh okay I see, alright thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I too noticed the 24.4.1 update removed the scroll bars from the Program Monitor (which appeared in previous releases when zoomed in).  I understand that some new Zoom/Pan functionality has been added with this release, however, I would like to request that the scroll bars remain available in the Program Monitor.  It is faster, at least for me, to set a zoom level and work with the scroll bars to quickly make minute adjustments to the layout.  Constantly zooming in and out takes me longer to achieve the same result.  I had to roll back to 24.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's not a single combination of keys for trackpad users on Mac that renables the ability to pan the program view. The only current solution is to waste time flipping back and forth to the hand tool.

A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business. - Henry Ford

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(You) handicapped our workflow with the absolutely unnecessary requirement to now use the hand tool to pan around the program view.

Bring back the scroll wheels and create a interface cutomization or hotkey function within the program settings and get someone who actually uses a macbook pro or trackpad on the interface team.

Mod note: Edited for content. Please respect the members of the community, including Adobe employees. Off-topic comments are OK in the Video Lounge forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh no! That feels like a step backwards. Thanks for letting me/us know though - appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mods don't whitewash my commentary to cover poorly executed deployment by corporate. I can 100% call upon the active and ongoing decline of Adobe's quality because of badly researched execution by creating more problems than solutions and actively compare such execution to the evolution of market competition because of workflow impairment.

Code the solution and respond promptly instead of hiding from it. We're not paying YoY increases for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe yet again playing fast and loose with muscle memory. Do they actually do any usability testing? Scroll bars were always a bit rubbish IMHO, but having to select a sodding tool to pan around a zoomed image is just hilariously bad.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some users have asked for a modify key, like ctrl-drag to pan the display. 

Currently it is middle-mouse drag. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a middle button on an Apple 'Magic' Mouse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if there is a middle mouse, it's awkward to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should talk to Apple about that. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's true, I have to do an awkward reach to get to the middle button. I'd like to see a 'toggle' shortcut, for the Hand tool. Hand tool with the shortcut down, previous tool selected when the shortcut is released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE BRING BACK THE SCROLL BARS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Idunno... I dont have a middle mouse button on any of my mice.  and if i hold down the scroll wheel and drag... it zooms in/out.  I wish that when you remove import functionality, you provide a preference where we could opt to have it the old way.  Now, I'm zooming in and out all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all day, when I have been using my middle mouse the video zooms in and out rather than move the clip frame by frame. I had no problems until the latest update. Can anyone help? Anyone experiencing the same issue?

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on the Program monitor? That has changed.

Scrolling the timeline area scrolls the sequence, scrolling the image area scrolls the image size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2024 Jun 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@default872whju010xt 

If you do not have a middle mouse you will have to use the Handtool to move around in the Program Monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2024 Jun 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get you're trying to make things more comfortable with doing everything only with the mouse, but removing the scroll bars entirely instead of having both options was a silly move on your part

can you return them back, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate