• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save thumbnails cache for project panel thumbnail view

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The processing of thumbs at each opening of the project is really distressing. I would like to have the option to save these metadata at disk for faster start.
Idea No status
TOPICS
Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Hi All,

Sorry for the problem. We have added GPU support for thumbnails in the latest beta builds, and we believe thumbnails generation should be quicker and more efficient now. 

Please check out the latest beta build version from the creative cloud and let us know how it goes there.

You can download the latest Beta builds from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

If you still face this issue, please share your project files(&med

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 137 Replies 137
137 Comments
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I will do one more project before switch to DaVinci, but this has been a mistake. It's ridicolous how long media takes to be ready for editing. My computer ressources are close to 0% used and it looks like nothing is happening. A snail is faster at this point. It really kills the creative mood.

I already know many pro editors who avoid Premiere Pro for big projects because of such issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2/03/2023 and the same absurd problem, what the hell

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe we just need to cancel our subscriptions and resorting to the P word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really started to notice today how much time I waste waiting on thumbnails to generate.

C'mon Adobe, this is a core feature. At least set the status to Under Review.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry for the problem. We have added GPU support for thumbnails in the latest beta builds, and we believe thumbnails generation should be quicker and more efficient now. 

Please check out the latest beta build version from the creative cloud and let us know how it goes there.

You can download the latest Beta builds from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

If you still face this issue, please share your project files(&media) here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html and we will check on our end.

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your attention to this problem. This sounds like a step in the right direction, but will the fix also include a cache of thumbnails so that they only need to be generated once? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded the Beta build today, and didn't see any significant difference, and I have a pretty strong PC, latest build per Puget Systems specifications. Maybe even a little slower thumbnail generation.

PC is fully updated, so nothing wrong there.

Why can't you just save the thumbnails, since you are generating them in the first place?

You are generating the peak files for instance and store them, why can't you do the same with thumbnails?

I tried out DaVinci the other day and it really has huge differences in many areas, while Premiere is lagging behind.

Speedwise also, the difference is quite massive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for working on this, I think what people want is a cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really glad you are working on speeding up the process but it's not really the time it takes, it's that it needs repeating - usually when a director is sat beside me and i'm looking for a clip in a huge bin of cutaway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @mjshade , @sotiris_tseles , @David23633973yjr1 , @DJP2014 for the valuable feedback. We will continue to look at it and update this thread with details again in future.

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested it and thumbnails are rendering much faster.  It's nice to see critical workflow issue is finally being worked on.  Thank you!

Hopefully this solves the issue with stuttering/choppy playback when Pr renders thumbnails during playback as new clips coming into view in the Timeline.

As others have mentioned, thumbnail caching would be the ideal solution.

I noticed that the thumbnails on/off setting in the Project window's list view is now sticky, so it it's set to on or off, it will keep the same setting when reopening the project.  Thank you for this!

As for the rendering of thumbnails in the Project window and Timeline, why doesn't Pr render all thumbnails in the background, rathern than only once clips are brought into view?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello again,

Today Premiere beta received another update and still the previews are software generated...

I double checked by pressing Ctrl + Alt + F12, and cheching Importer.MPEG, all the frames are software generated.

I checked my settings again and didn't find anything out of place. I have an intel latest generation processor, a strong GPU, all updated to their latest drivers per manufacturer, windows 11 Pro are updated as well, GPU acceleration is enabled.

I have diabled GPU Scheduling though from windows because Premiere was buggy with it enabled.

Do I do something wrong, or is it something from your end?

I believe though that a thumbnail cache would be the best possible solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate