• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

X-Rite ColorChecker Plug-in for Premiere Pro CC?

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will support for quick color matching using color charts like the X-Rite ColorChecker be added to Premiere Pro CC?
Idea Under review
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023
This is a great request that is certainly something we want to implement. Rest assured our engineers DO understand the importance of this feature and how to get the job done. We also know that the performance and stability of the app should be our #1 priority and that is where our focus is right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 179 Replies 179
179 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working in both Premiere ecosystem and Resolve daily for over a decade. I'm tied into a colorist's network primarily and teach (and of course, learn from) pro colorists. So a lot of time both personally in Resolve, and ... I've far more 'friends' working in Resolve than Premeire. Where color is their reason for working in Resolve.

I don't know any actual colorist that finds Resolve's color picker thing for charts actually ... usable. For my own use, it's been pretty inconsistent, so I share their scepticism of it.

And as I do also 'shoot' a fair amount, I would love it if it did work for me. And I've got not only the Xrite passport, but the DSC Labs color charts also. But in both Resolve and Premiere, I do the manipulation to charts manually, once per camera, and save that as a preset to apply to any further work from that camera.

So I start by using the grey patches to set WB/shadows so all neutrals are neutral.

Then use Hue v Hue to move the chips into proper location around the Vectorscope for hue.

Then use Hue v Sat to move the clips to the same sat, typically about halfway between center and the outer bounding box. Then save the results, as from testing, the response to color after the WB is correctly set is pretty constant. So this seems to be correcting the sensor/processor dato of the camera, not the scene.

I'm wondering if they aren't hitting the same thing as with the Resolve system ... inconsistency that they can't quite eliminate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jackthegiantslayerThey're probably too busy fOcUsiNG oN pErFoRMaNCe aNd sTAbiLiTy i.e. creating AI features that will  put their users out of work and rolling in giant piles of subscriber money, Scrooge McDuck-style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now work with the MBR Colour Correcror plugin. ( https://mattroberts.org/MBR_Color_Corrector/ ) This is the best system for colour charts that I have seen so far. It can even do the checker in the frame itself. I don't think even DaVinchi can do that. So my recommendation to all colleagues here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Elwoodjblues1 
+1
That's what we use, as well. It works well, for the most part. Highly recommend it for Premiere users!

Votes

Translate

Translate