• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE glitches out of composition when I click on effect in effects panel

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I apply an effect to a layer and then go to the effects panel to modify parameters of said effect, AE glitches to a different layer as soon as I touch the effect and often even jumps out of the composition to a layer in another composition if I have multiple compositions in the project. I always have to watch carefully if the selected layer is the one showing in the effects panel. The only way I can manage to modify the effects is if I lock the effects panel to the selected layer. As soon as I unlock the effects panel again it glitches to another layer and composition. It's extremely time consuming. Please help. 

1. AE version 24.1.0

2. Windows 11 Pro 23H2

3. Click on effect in effects panel

4. Expect to be able to modify parameter of effect, instead it glitches to a different effect on a different layer

Bug Started
TOPICS
UI and UX , Workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 28, 2024 Jun 28, 2024

Hi all,

Thank you again for your patience with this issue. There is a potential fix now available in the latest builds of After Effects (Beta), 24.6.0.36. Please give that build a try when you can and let us know if you continue to see the Effect Controls showing the wrong layer in projects where you've experienced this issue.

Thanks again,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate
53 Comments
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2024 Jul 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is so annoying, can't believe after so many builds and updates the issue still persists...... such simple issue like this why so difficult to fix...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to fix it you need to work around about 18 years of update patches that were decently made, and 12 years of patches that were never made. Don't forget, they tried to deprecate MP4 (h.264) and after removing it, and being forced to add it back, it's one of the laggiest parts of the software.

I'm beginning to think they honestly have no clue what they are doing, and considering some of the devs are probably younger than the code... I don't blame them for not knowing why it's spaghetti code with really weird antiquated quirks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2024 Aug 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, unfortunately I've been having this glich bug with my AE v23.6.6 and 24.5. I installed the Beta version 25.0 but it crashes. When will this bug get fixed? It's impossible to use the software this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate