• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotation Copy With Property Links bug

Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create a new comp, add two layers, name the top one Control, the second layer Follow, then press "r" to reveal the rotation property, select Control/Transform/Rotation in the timeline, then use Edit/Copy With Relative property links, then select Follow and paste, the rotation of the Follow layer will follow the rotation of Control. The expression looks identical to one that would be created if you just use the Link/Parent column to point the rotation of Follow to the rotation of Control.

Now, if you go to the Project Panel and duplicate the comp, then open the comp, and you change the rotation property of the Control layer, the values in the Follow layer change, but the preview in the comp will not change. The bounding box changes, the values change, but the layer is still in the original position.

To fix the preview problem, all you have to do is grab the rotation property of the Follow layer and try and change it. It immediately snaps back to the value generated by the expression, and the preview bug is gone.

You do not have that problem if you create the rotation expression with the Pickwhip or manually type it in. The problem also goes away if you save the project, close it, then open it again. Rotation is the only property that the bug seems to affect. 

The bug also exists in the latest release of AE.

After I made the screen recording. I renamed Comp 1 in the Project panel and got this weire error message for both expressions:

RickGerard_0-1660247801412.png

Give the comp a try and see what you get. Try renaimng the comp, try duplicating the comp. 

Bug Investigating

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rick Gerard,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We are able to reproduce it as well and will be opening a ticket internally to investigate. Once a fix is available, I'll update this thread.

Since this issue is present in the release version of After Effects and not only the Beta version, I've moved this post to the Bugs portion of the After Effects forum.

Thanks again for reporting this issue,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Rick Gerard,

We've now got an internal ticket opened to investigate this issue. Thanks again for the report!

Cheers,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate