• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange cropped/repeated edge when exported in media encoder

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason media encoder changes the position and repeats a section of my composition when exporting.

After effects Preview

Matorototo_0-1687518101148.png

Media encoder output

Matorototo_1-1687518143277.png

This issue occured when I tired to render the composition in Quicktime Format. It affects the output of the video, and when I try to switch back to H.264, the updated position+repeated edge persist.

I managed to replicate this exact issue with a totally different composition using the same steps which makes me think its a media encoder issue.

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Please make sure you are running the same version of AE and Premiere. There was an issue in 23.4/23.5/23.6 that caused a break between different versions of the apps. 

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 3 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Yes, we investigated internally and the problem is that a change was made to the size of a structure used for communicating between applications with Dynamic Link on Windows in the 23.5 release without also bumping the protocol version. So any app with a 23.5 version sending frames to an earlier 23.x build will hit this issue.

I'm actually on the Character Animator team, so the first report I saw was between the latest Character Animator build (we haven't needed an update since 23.1) and the late

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

You can actually fix this by just making sure both After Effects and Media Encoder are on same version (e.g. 23.5). @dtull-adobe described above the technical reason, but the simple answer is to just make sure AE and AME are both on 23.5. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Please make sure media encoder and after effects are both running 23.6. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 105 Replies 105
105 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known bug/ issue. You need to disable hardware acceleration or downgrade to 23.4.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! 

Weird error i am experiencing, everytime i'd like to render this composition i have. The preview and render shows everything but 20px to the left or right. Can't find why this is happening. 

I've attached a screenshot of the error + settings

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known issue. Turn off hardware acceleration or downgrade to 23.4.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are dozens of posts on this new bug. Use the Creative Cloud/APPS tab, click on the three little dots next to the Open button, and roll back AE to a previous build. It should take you about 10 minutes to roll back a version and make AE usable again until they fix the bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this issue too when using dynamic link between Premiere Pro v23.4.0 and After Effects 23.5 on Windows 11. Looks fine when exported through AE as a .avi but through dynamic links it looks like the images above. It's really annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The exact same issue here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola a toda la comunidad de Adobe! Necesito ayuda con un problema de renderizado de videos que no puedo solucionar. Después de renderizar los videos, aparecen con fallas, como si estuvieran desplazados completamente hacia la derecha, y esa porción recortada aparece en el borde opuesto del video. He intentado exportar proyectos que antes funcionaban correctamente, y también he probado renderizar tanto desde After Effects como desde Adobe Media Encoder. ¿Alguien puede ayudarme a entender y resolver este problema de manera más clara? Gracias de antemano!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known bug. Downgrade to 23.4 and/ or turn off hardware acceleration.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issues after updating just today. Tried the GPU Accelerated Rendering suggestion and still getting the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2023 Jul 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of all the suggestion I tried; installing a earlier verson of media encoder was the one that worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we investigated internally and the problem is that a change was made to the size of a structure used for communicating between applications with Dynamic Link on Windows in the 23.5 release without also bumping the protocol version. So any app with a 23.5 version sending frames to an earlier 23.x build will hit this issue.

I'm actually on the Character Animator team, so the first report I saw was between the latest Character Animator build (we haven't needed an update since 23.1) and the latest AME (23.5). The answer there is to downgrade AME to 23.4, but if you don't need Character Animator, you can also synchronize the apps you need (AME and Ae, for example) to 23.5, the problem is when you are using apps spanning that 23.4 <-> 23.5 boundary across processes. (you can also see it using Dynamic Link between Ae and Ch and the same applies to other cross process usage)

Dan Tull

Adobe Character Animator Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to do that ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To install an older version using the Creative Cloud desktop app, click on the dot-dot-dot menu next to the app name and choose Other versions:

CoSA_DaveS_0-1689277977158.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I created an After Effects composition template in 1080x1080. I use it for some weeks and I never had a rendering issue, but now when I export with Media Encoder, my creation is shifted to the left and a stripe appears on the right side. 

I USED A PICTURE FROM PEXELS JUST TO SHOW YOU AN EXAMPLE OF MY ISSUE.

How it appears in AE : 

Fanny31167586msxb_0-1689749603554.png

How it appears in Media Encoder export preview and after exporting (in mp4 and GIF)

Fanny31167586msxb_1-1689749643417.png

I do this in the same way since a lot of tine and never had this issue before. Any idea of how to resolve it please? Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mein zu bearbeitendes Footage wird mir perfekt zentriert und den Screen auffüllend angezeigt. (Siehe Screenshot 1)

Der finale Render jedoch ist verschoben und das Bild wiederholt sicht. (Siehe Screenshot 2)

Hat jemand eine Idee woran es liegt / wie man dieses Problem beheben kann?

Vielen Dank im Voraus!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bekanntes Problem. Hardwarebeschleunigung ausschalten und/ oder auf 23.4 downgraden.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's simply a bug. Turn off hardware acceleration and/or downgrade to 23.4.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2023 Jul 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for the help. Waited over an hour for a video to export twice only for this bug to make it unusable. Rolling back now. They've had a month to get this bug fixed and they should've informed Windows users that it's happening so as not to waste our time. Hopefully Adobe gets it together soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2023 Jul 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstall and reset all the settings of After effect and that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey,

so im trying to export a video but its doing this weird crop/shift thing.

anyone know whats up?

cheers

Screenshot 2023-07-26 150849.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known bug. Turn off hardware acceleration and/ or downgrade to AE23.4.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can actually fix this by just making sure both After Effects and Media Encoder are on same version (e.g. 23.5). @dtull-adobe described above the technical reason, but the simple answer is to just make sure AE and AME are both on 23.5. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, both softwares were 23.1. I upgraded only the Media Enconder to 23.5 and now it works just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you be more specific? disable hardware accelleration in AE or media encoder? and from which settings section, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate