• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange cropped/repeated edge when exported in media encoder

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason media encoder changes the position and repeats a section of my composition when exporting.

After effects Preview

Matorototo_0-1687518101148.png

Media encoder output

Matorototo_1-1687518143277.png

This issue occured when I tired to render the composition in Quicktime Format. It affects the output of the video, and when I try to switch back to H.264, the updated position+repeated edge persist.

I managed to replicate this exact issue with a totally different composition using the same steps which makes me think its a media encoder issue.

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Please make sure you are running the same version of AE and Premiere. There was an issue in 23.4/23.5/23.6 that caused a break between different versions of the apps. 

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 3 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Yes, we investigated internally and the problem is that a change was made to the size of a structure used for communicating between applications with Dynamic Link on Windows in the 23.5 release without also bumping the protocol version. So any app with a 23.5 version sending frames to an earlier 23.x build will hit this issue.

I'm actually on the Character Animator team, so the first report I saw was between the latest Character Animator build (we haven't needed an update since 23.1) and the late

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

You can actually fix this by just making sure both After Effects and Media Encoder are on same version (e.g. 23.5). @dtull-adobe described above the technical reason, but the simple answer is to just make sure AE and AME are both on 23.5. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Please make sure media encoder and after effects are both running 23.6. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 105 Replies 105
105 Comments
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any1 had this issue and know how to fix?

Working in AE and the frame looks fine but when i use a dynamic link or export directly from AE the frame gets cut from the right and placed to the left?  

tfff.JPG

thef.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, maybe it's After Effects trick, maybe Media Encoder one, but I have some strange case:  when I create video in After Effects, everything is fine. If I render in right in After Effects the same, all good.

But as soon as I render the same file via Media Encoder, I have some additional part of the video on the side -- impossible to explain by words so I enclose the picture: 

qe_me.jpg

Anydoby know what the issue is that ? 

Thanks ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Known issue in 23.5. Downgrade to 23.4 or try to disable hardware acceleration.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I was referring to H.264 or GIF or the encoding format. Just trying to see if I can better isolate where the issue is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bethany,

Welcome to the community and sorry for your issue.

Multiple users have reported this. Team is investigating the issue.

If possible, do you mind sharing the project file with us for testing? Feel free to share a download link via DM if you don't wanna share it publically.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i make banners animated its official a gift but i dont now how to fix it its very new for my so i will ask the community for opionions to fix it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello -

I have a square composition I would like to export. However, it is off-center. I cannot figure this out.

My issue is easy to re-create. For the example screenshot, I just have two solid layers - top is white, red is bottom. I shifted the top white layer over and down a few pixels to demonstrate the issue. There is nothing else I modified within the settings. Everything else is default. You can see the preview below.

Why is the camera off-center? I'm not doing anything crazy with the composition. It is a simple 2D, 1:1 composition. Nothing else was moved.

after-effects.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Downgrade both of them? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Brent,

I'm sorry to hear about this. We are currently investigating a similar issue. Do you also see this issue if you export through After Effects instead of using Media Encoder? Does it make any difference if you change the Format to Quicktime? This will help us better understand the issue.

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DULF,

Thank you for reporting the issue.

Could you please tell us which version of After Effects and Media Encoder (I assume you used AME to export) you were using when you saw this?

Is it Windows or Mac?

Thanks.

Keiko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DULF 

This appears to be happening under Windows with After Effects 23.5 and Media Encoder 23.5.

Try using the one of the H264 Output Modules in the After Effects Render Queue instead of sending the Composition to Media Encoder.  If that still has issues, render Best Settings/High Quality (the file will be large) from After Effects and then encode that to MP4 in Media Encoder.

Another option is to roll back to an older version.  As long as you stay at version 23.x or above, the 22.5 After Effects project file should open.  If rolling back to After Effects version 22, use File > Save As > Save a Copy as 22.x in After Effects 23.5 - checking any newer features that are different in prior versions like Track Mattes.

Also, if you have a moment, add what you posted here to this thread:

This thread has the participation of Adobe staff and will likely include news of a fix once it becomes available.  Please be sure to include your operating system version, After Effects version, and Media Encoder version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@keiko.yamada I was using 23.5 AE and prem.

Cant remember what media encoder i used but got 23.5 and 22.6.4 installed

and windows 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Warren Heaton Great reply, i needed to finish the project quick so i just made it the frame wider and had to line it up in premiere with the dynamic link and it came out okay in prem

and i will make sure to have the info next time if i end up with a different bug 😄

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DULF   Very, very resourceful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately  it didn't fix the thing and it still renders the doubled screen. 

What to do in this case?

Is this an obvious bug of the soft, should Abode fix it then? 

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here - very annoying... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Horrible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Disable auto update and rollback...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!! I am doing an after effects project which I have linked to premiere pro, the problem started today when I activated some 3D layers (apparently). It turns out that when I am in my AE file the preview does not have any problem, however, when I enter PR or even when I export through Media Encoder, the scene has a mirror error, I leave the image below so that it is understood better

After Effects File (NO PREVIEW ISSUE)

Andrs5C47_0-1688145857741.png 

Premiere Pro (PREVIEW ISSUE) 

Andrs5C47_1-1688145933254.png

Andrs5C47_2-1688146011733.png 

The render generates a "mirror" effect to the right of the image, shifting everything else to the left.

Within what I have tried, I have changed the bit depth and this decreases the size but does not eliminate it completely, any idea what it could be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known bug. Turn off hardware acceleration and/ or downgrade to 23.4.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video is fine until rendering, the video  moves off screen to the left and places the off side to the right. Its happen with the last 3 projects. Im not sure how to fix it, help please

20230701_222550.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community bugs>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen reports of this bug many times. Try updating GPU drivers, disabling the GPU processing, or, if no update is available, try rolling back a version using the Creative Cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to be happening under Windows with After Effects 23.5 and Media Encoder 23.5.

Try using the one of the H264 Output Modules in the After Effects Render Queue instead of sending the Composition to Media Encoder.  If that still has issues, render Best Settings/High Quality (the file will be large) from After Effects and then encode that to MP4 in Media Encoder.

Another option is to roll back to an older version.  As long as you stay at version 23.x or above, the 22.5 After Effects project file should open.  If rolling back to After Effects version 22, use File > Save As > Save a Copy as 22.x in After Effects 23.5 - checking any newer features that are different in prior versions like Track Mattes.

Also, if you have a moment, add what you posted here to this thread:

This thread has the participation of Adobe staff and will likely include news of a fix once it becomes available.  Please be sure to include your operating system version, After Effects version, and Media Encoder version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm not very proffessional on after effects. When I try to export my after effects composition that I prepared as 1080p, it seems to shift to the left in the source section. I checked my composition settings. Frankly, I don't know where else to look. Do you have any idea about solving this? I'm posting screenshots.

Screenshot_1.jpgScreenshot_2.jpgScreenshot_3.jpgScreenshot_4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate