• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange cropped/repeated edge when exported in media encoder

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason media encoder changes the position and repeats a section of my composition when exporting.

After effects Preview

Matorototo_0-1687518101148.png

Media encoder output

Matorototo_1-1687518143277.png

This issue occured when I tired to render the composition in Quicktime Format. It affects the output of the video, and when I try to switch back to H.264, the updated position+repeated edge persist.

I managed to replicate this exact issue with a totally different composition using the same steps which makes me think its a media encoder issue.

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Please make sure you are running the same version of AE and Premiere. There was an issue in 23.4/23.5/23.6 that caused a break between different versions of the apps. 

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 3 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Yes, we investigated internally and the problem is that a change was made to the size of a structure used for communicating between applications with Dynamic Link on Windows in the 23.5 release without also bumping the protocol version. So any app with a 23.5 version sending frames to an earlier 23.x build will hit this issue.

I'm actually on the Character Animator team, so the first report I saw was between the latest Character Animator build (we haven't needed an update since 23.1) and the late

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

You can actually fix this by just making sure both After Effects and Media Encoder are on same version (e.g. 23.5). @dtull-adobe described above the technical reason, but the simple answer is to just make sure AE and AME are both on 23.5. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Please make sure media encoder and after effects are both running 23.6. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 105 Replies 105
105 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first guess is that you have a 3D layer and the composition viewer is not set to Active Camera.

My second guess is that you have an adjustment layer set as a guide layer. 

Without seeing a screenshot of the comp and timeline with the modified properties of each layer revealed (press 'uu'), we can only guess. Share that and we can probably help you figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,
The aqua are unchanged video files, and the green are precomps with little animations tracked into the footage.

Matorototo_2-1687532338731.png

Matorototo_3-1687532691792.png

Matorototo_1-1687531847190.png

You can see that when viewing the same moment in Media Encoder, the edge mysteriously appears.
It appears over every single frame whether it's only the video or a nested comp.
I've discovered that the same problem is persisting in projects that i haven't opened in days too. Every export is messed up.  I appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here Is also a brand new project, with nothing but a solid & shape layer.

-As it appears in After effects
Matorototo_1-1687534672233.png

-As it appears in media encoder preview
Matorototo_2-1687534705009.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update! I'm almost sure it's a bug, after trying a fresh reinstall I switched to the previous Media encoder update and the problem dissapeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, I am trying to get this rendered and it's not going so well. I tried the After Effects Render Queue and it goes into a BIB error since it is one composition with several little compositions inside. Everything is a vector and has been animated so it's quite large.

It is a minute and a half long video so the only option I have is the Adobe Media Encoder. I exported it once and it works beautifully except for the fact that the right side of the video gets cut off and shows up on the left as seen in the photo below. The wing of the girl on the right side is flapping and can now see a portion of that wing show up on the left.

The work area on After Effects shows the correct view. It is only when I go to Media Encoder that does it this. I messed around with the format and preset settings but it still shows this. Some just show it more extreme than others. Can anyone offer any advice because I can't find any issue similar to this while doing an internet search? I need to have this ready by late tonight.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to be happening under Windows with After Effects 23.5 and Media Encoder 23.5.

Try using the one of the H264 Output Modules in the After Effects Render Queue instead of sending the Composition to Media Encoder.  If that still has issues, render Best Settings/High Quality (the file will be large) from After Effects and then encode that to MP4 in Media Encoder.

Another option is to roll back to an older version.  As long as you stay at version 23.x or above, the 22.5 After Effects project file should open.  If rolling back to After Effects version 22, use File > Save As > Save a Copy as 22.x in After Effects 23.5 - checking any newer features that are different in prior versions like Track Mattes.

Here's another thread on the same issue, only the offset it to the right instead of the left like yours:

Strange cropped/repeated edge when exported in media encoder

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/strange-cropped-repeated-edge-when-exported...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you manage to sort this? I have the same issue. Uninstalled After Effects & Media Encoder and still no fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't really know how to describe this but the screenshot really is self explanatory : 
When exporting with media encoder the very left of my comp end up at the very right ( doesnt happen in preview )
Any insights ?

Thanks a lot 

bug.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is apparently yet another stupid bug with hardware acceleration. Downgrade your AE to the previous version or turn off GPU acceleration to see if it improves.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium, thanks for your quick answer
How would you proceed to turn off GPU acceleration? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A similar bug was reported with Character Animator and that customer found a workaround using an earlier version of AME:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/character-animator-bugs/export-error-with-character-animator/idc-p/13...

Hopefully this helps. Thanks for reporting!

Dan Tull
Character Animator Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is screen shot from After Effect

longh10812440_1-1687793735264.jpeg

And this is what happened on Media Encoder as you can see on the right side there is an extra section

longh10812440_2-1687793792595.png

Do you guys have any idea how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry for the wrong photo. This is After effect screenshot

longh10812440_0-1687793865940.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abbie01_0-1687804795961.png

I have noticed this problem since yesterday evening I have no idea why this is or have done it I have already downloaded the program again and it shows the same problem can you maybe help me I don't understand it anymore that thing on the right side the format is not good

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abbie

Thanks for reporting this, are you seeing this in After Effects export or in Media Encoder exports?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you are exporting using Media Encoder? Try turning off GPU Accelerated Rendering and see if that helps.

jenkmeister_0-1687805481699.png

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah thats right what you saying

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it dont works for my i do what you are saying but the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i see it when im in media encoder 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What format are you exporting into? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1920x1080 i tried different formats but all the same thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lough10812440, I've had the same issue for a couple of days and only rendering from AE resulted in the right export.

I have just uninstalled AME and updated to the new AE (23.5.0 build 23) and re-installedd AME everythings good now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is a bug with some systems. I cannot reproduce it. Try turning off GPU acceleration or updating your drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate