• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

the file crashes AE

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2023 Sep 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a file that causes my installation to seemingly melt down.

these are the steps i took:

1. Open a new project
  2. Create a new Comp (4k/60, 10 seconds long)
  3. Created new Shape Layer with a single path. (no fill, 400px stroke.)
  4. Added a twist to the layer
  5. Added a Wiggle Paths

This is where it all stops working.  I no longer get a preview. AE freezes when i attempt to quit. and when I open back up it asked to start in safe mode. 

I have uninstalled AE multiple times, tired several version all with the same results. I am also attaching the AE file I made with the steps outlined above. 

More info 

After Effects versions I tried:

OS and Computer:

MacOS 12.6.9 (i updated my os as one attempt to solve)

What the hell is going on?

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Crash , Troubleshooting , UI and UX

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 16, 2023 Sep 16, 2023

I can reproduce the hang and no rendering with the WTF.aep you attached. It looks like from some logs there is something malformed in the project itself which is confusing AE and leaving it in a state where a render never completes which in turn causes the quit to never complete (as AE is confused why the render won't stop). I'm going to turn this into a bug for the team to look at. Even with a malformed project, AE should not be hanging waiting for a render to finish.

That said, following you

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
2 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can reproduce the hang and no rendering with the WTF.aep you attached. It looks like from some logs there is something malformed in the project itself which is confusing AE and leaving it in a state where a render never completes which in turn causes the quit to never complete (as AE is confused why the render won't stop). I'm going to turn this into a bug for the team to look at. Even with a malformed project, AE should not be hanging waiting for a render to finish.

That said, following your steps with 23.6 and the 24.1 beta I can't remake the bug. 

Anyway, will update when we have more of an idea on the project itself.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I installed various versions of the AE I replicated the problem by taking the same steps. No just opening my previous file. 

I even caused it to happen in safe mode, which is what after effects suggest I open in after every time I had to force quit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate