Exit

After effects 2015 - new audio preview is slow

Participant ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i installed new ae cc 2015.

ram render is way faster in some conditions, but i find audio preview really slow :

when i press "." to listen just audio, or even "0" or "spacebar", preview start, but audio start few seconds later.

So i can determine pricesly the time when a can i hear a beat, like on cc 2014 version. I find that as a major problem in motion design.

And when i press ".", for audio only preview, there is a delay, then it's starts to play, but sound can be heard just few seconds later, but it works well in cc 2014.

the only way is to change option :

5cc5ba1e75.png

but in that case, audio is always on, when it is not real time.

Lats thing, on cc 2014, when i preview audio only, then stop, it comes back to the start point. Now it stops where it stops. Not practical.

Any way to change it in options ?

But well, if it correct one day, maybe just newt year, as the stereo effect problem has been correct in one year.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

The After Effects CC 2015 (13.5.1) bug-fix update is available, which fixes this issue: http://adobe.ly/1Il5JYe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Trying to sync very simple animations to sound and the audio lags, doesn't play for a second or two, drops out, the preview sometimes doesn't work.

Not good enough. We are all paying a lot of money each month for this software. My business depends on it. All these fantastic updates with great new features would be fine if the core stuff worked properly. It doesn't.

If this isn't fixed soon, I'm leaving Adobe for elsewhere after 16 years of using their software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rogue Robot wrote:

Same issue here. Trying to sync very simple animations to sound and the audio lags, doesn't play for a second or two, drops out, the preview sometimes doesn't work.

What OS are you using and what version of AE? A lot of these kinds of issues have been fixed in OS and AE updates, so I want to double-check you're up to date.

If you're using 13.7.0.x of AE and you're on El Capitan, does this post from Todd K. help: Re: After Effects 2015 won't preview in real time after El Capitan update.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 12, 2016 Feb 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This so called "workaround" mentioned in the link is bulls**t.

Sometimes it works. Sometimes, next ram preview, it does not. A workaround working randomnly is not very usefull...

Anyway a workaround (even a working one) is not a proper solution and certainly not a suitable one for a professional application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2016 Feb 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know a workaround like that isn't proper, but it's the best thing to suggest until the next update comes out with the fix.

Someone else found another workaround that seems to behave better for some people. See this post from mofxtv : Re: After Effects 2015 won't preview in real time after El Capitan update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me!!! After 2 days of trying to figure out why my audio was so laggy and choppy, and having multiple Adobe techs trying to help me who had no idea either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone still having preview issues in this thread, please try the update that released last night. (It may not be available yet for you as it takes 24 hours to reach all download centers.) It looks like it has a fix for one of the last remaining big issues on Macs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I still experience this issue with audio - this is very annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2016 Jul 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never install the latest update... Better wait and see what new bugs are in there...!! Why does Adobe release software with MAJOR BUGS in the first place??? Don't they test software before they release it???!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2016 Jun 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the update DOESNT FIX This.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2016 Jun 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

artillery wrote:

the update DOESNT FIX This.

Which update? What version of After Effects are you running? Is it 13.7.2.x? What OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it seems like it's back in the new version. Irritating. Going back to the earlier version. Not the only problem I've had today. Constant quitting for a start. IMO this version of AE is unusable professionally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2016 Jul 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using AE CC 2015.3 (13.8.0.114) on Win 10 system and the preview with audio is horrible! The audio lags so far behind the scrubber that it's absolutely useless. The only way I can sync anything is by visually looking at the waveform. Earlier versions (CC14 and prior) had no audio issues for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 02, 2016 Jul 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE 2015 is a disfunctional sofware. On Windows it crashes all the time for trivial things like moving a spot light in the viewer (I reported this bug).

I was on mac and I had a lot of trouble with Ram preview and audio sync,  so I switched to Win 10 and there is a lot of problem too. The only solution is to switch bach to AE CC 2014 (13.2) witch seems to be the last stable (more or less) AE version.

Adobe did a mess with 2015 they've made some unusefull and unwanted changes in the interface and the core of the software witch are catastrophic. I'm learning Nuke and Fusion right now because it seems AE won't be a reliable and professional software anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This situation has to make me wonder about the subscription model that Adobe has adopted. In the early days, if an upgrade was bad, it would directly impact their pocket as word spread fasts and people wouldn't upgrade. So there was a lot of motivation and pressure for a good build. But now with subscription everyone is on the hook... Adobe makes their money regardless. This really removes their motivation to make solid and worthy upgrades.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree. Adobe is on a very bad way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 04, 2016 Jul 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're getting offtopic again.... I was on Windows 7 now on 10, I don't experience the troubles you have at all. I think I didn't have a single crash. The preview is kind of quirky, yes, and multicore processing is nonexistent, but it's definitely not as bad as you say... What kind of projects are you working on? What's your PC setup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use AE everyday for many years since 4.0 and I can tell you for sure that CC 2015 is buggy as hell. Just try to work in 3d and you'll see. I'm back to CC 2014 now and don't have crash anymore.

Obviously Adobe mess something when they refreshed the interface display because the timeline is causinfg a lot of trouble and 3d mode is very unstable. For example I've reported recently this simple crash case: When you pull a spot light outside the limit of the viewer AE crashes every time.

I'm on Win 10, a fresh install, my pc is running ok, nothing wrong there. I was on Mac Yosemite and the Ram preview wasn't working properly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I see, you did 3D in AE. Ok. Since I do 3D in a dedicated software, I only use 3D in AE as few as possible. Which is actually sad yes. I absolutely agree with the ugly performance there. And the bug is really ugly, too... Ufff.

-> Hey After Effects​, why don't you get someone from Maxon to teach you 3D viewport performance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a Maya expert. I do Maya mostly for vfx for 15 years. I beta tested Maya since I was at this time working for a cg company witch was close to the development team of Maya. I know quite well what 3d is.

May be it wasn't clear enough but yes you are right I was refering of course to the 3d viewport of AE. I was talking about 2.5D (meaning 2D layers in a 3D space). 2.5D compositing is a basic thing witch I can't do in CC 2015 because its 3d viewport is buggy and crashes a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines