• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2019 Error: < Unspecified Drawing Error >

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help! I encountered this problem: When I launch Adobe After Effects 2018 on macOS 11 Big Sur Beta 1, I get an error ‹Unspecified Drawing Error› what should I do?

Note: Title edited by Moderator to include version number

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

UPDATE:

After Effects 2019 (v 16.x.x) isn't compatible with macOS Big Sur.

Big Sur has some major code changes under the hood. After Effects interacts with certain components of macOS that have been modified or no longer exist in Big Sur resulting in incompatibility issues. Some users in this thread have reported that they are not running into this issue after updating their plugins. Based on that info, we recommend:

• Updating to the latest version of After Effects 2020 (v 17.5.1) if you're ru

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same issue as well, and I don't know what to do. It drives me crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi zelbahrawy,

Which version of After Effects are you using exactly?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-find-the-exact-version-of-after-effects-you-...

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 8.47.15 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im still having the problem. Will this issue be resolved after the next OS update? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi paolodizer,

I don't think it will be resolved after the next OS update. Which version of After Effects are you using exactly?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-find-the-exact-version-of-after-effects-you-...

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tienes que actualizar el Adobe. Yo lo hice y funciona bien (2020).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of After Effects 2020 is working for you exactly?

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same error. I'm running After Effects 16.1.3 on Big Sur 11.0.1 on a MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error was resolved for me by simply making sure all my plugins were updated. Specifically, the plugins that needed updating are the Mister Horse Product Manager and Animation Composer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:

After Effects 2019 (v 16.x.x) isn't compatible with macOS Big Sur.

Big Sur has some major code changes under the hood. After Effects interacts with certain components of macOS that have been modified or no longer exist in Big Sur resulting in incompatibility issues. Some users in this thread have reported that they are not running into this issue after updating their plugins. Based on that info, we recommend:

• Updating to the latest version of After Effects 2020 (v 17.5.1) if you're running macOS Big Sur
  • Updating your plugins might also help in resolving the issue

Thanks.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do I update plugins please?

And which plugins should i update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some users, like myself,  dont want to upgrade after effect to 2020, in this case we need to downgrade the OS itself from Big Sur to the previous version. It will wipe everything from your mac. Make sure to back up before downgrading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After debugging AE; the runtime error showed macOS Big Sur have denied access to these three files:

1.  /Adobe After Effects CC 2018/Adobe After Effects Render Engine

2.  /Adobe After Effects CC 2018/Contents/Adobe QT32 Server

3. /Adobe After Effects CC 2018/Contents/dynamiclinkmanager

The above is causing AE to crash and showing "Unspecified Drawing Error", you guys need to provide a fix for this since backward compatiblity for the earlier versions is your entire responsiblity. Not many inclined to update or upgrade since they are comfortable with the interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey guyi have mac version big sur, i did found work only Adobe Br cc 20019  here see?Screenshot 2020-11-29 at 18.00.43.pngScreenshot 2020-11-29 at 18.01.32.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  cannot get rid of that Unspecified Drawoing error  Mac v 11.1 AE v 17.5.1 anyone have any work arunds for Big Sur?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I have used Adobe products since college, having to deal with this issue has completely broken my trust with Adobe.

1. To think this that this issue has been going on for 6 months without being fixed is crazy

2. I called Adobe to resolve this and was hung up on multiple times (other times made to listen to someone's kitchen before being hung up on)

3. Spent 3 hours on the phone with support over multiple phone called giving me contradictory advice

4. The program was working fine for the 13 hours it took to create the project, then it just stopped working when I went to export it. Now I am at the last minute and have nothing to show. I look stupid because of Adobe's bad software.

5. I am actively looking to replace all Adobe products. Adobe does not deserve the $600+ a year I pay them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent time on the phone with Adobe this morning. The support guy didn't even know about this issue. Can we have any official word from Adobe about whether this will be fixed? This is very disruptive to my business. Many older projects crash when you open them in After Effects 2020 - I need to be able to use CC 2019! Apple has made it nearly impossible to downgrade to Catalina from Big Sur, so I am out of options.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is AE 2020 a part of Adobe CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the update Big Sur 11.2  fixes the Efter effects "Unspecified Drawing Error" problem, has anyone checked it? Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, hopping on this thread for After Effects.

For my specific issue with the "Unspecified Drawing Error," it was isolated to a 3rd party font issue. My error message kept occurring when I went to change fonts in the Character panel. Adobe team remoted in and found that it was being caused by a font file. If you are having this issue happen with the Font/Character panel in AE, this was solved by copy/pasting all windows font files to a new folder to save them, and then deleting all fonts in the system "Fonts" folder. I was advised to only install fonts that I needed for a project or to only use Adobe Fonts fonts (since I have a CC subscription).

We did manage to isolate the font (a 3rd part font) that was causing the issue and I deleted it from my machine. The issue was resolved after that.

Hope this helps with anyone still having an outstanding issue in 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Really thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, in AE 2019 on Big Sur 11.6 the "Unspecified Drawing Error" is still present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines