• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2020 play preview problem

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just updated to Ae CC 2020 from the 2019 version and now there is a problem when I try to preview my work.It shows like this instead of showing properly where it should.It shows like this instead of showing properly where it should.A small window below the actually screen where it should be playingA small window below the actually screen where it should be playing

TOPICS
Error or problem , Preview , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Hi all,

Thanks for your patience. Adobe After Effects has released a patch update which provide a fix for the duplicate preview issues. For more information, please check https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/kb/fixed-issues.html

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to say that you talk about solutions that were generated with the last update of December in your post, but it is the last update that continues to generate errors

i have a macOS catalina with i7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very sorry, I thank you very much because my problem has been solved successfully, just unpack it and install it again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, I've tried to work this way but it's very frustrating and I thought I must have done something in my settings that caused it. I am relieved I am not the only one and currently updating to the latest version. If updating doesn't work I'll try and install the 2019 version.

Photo 09-02-2020, 11 33 35.jpgGPU.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Update to the latest version. It works; the problem has been solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have the same issue (my preview window pops up to the bottom-right) I did a screen capture of this in my post here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/weird-window-popping-up-off-screen-when-i-try-to-previe...

I am running the latest version though... and that's where it started happening so unfortunately updating isn't an option 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PC with Windows 10 a AMD Ryzen 9 3900X  3.8GHz ~ 4.6GHz / 12 Cores, 24 Threads  a 64 gb off ram and a Nvidea GTX 1070 Ti with 8gb of ram and my After Effects version 17.0.4 (build59) 2020 GUI is Slow. Working in the software is not smooth.  There is not realtime on my comp window, it freezes in one frame and when I move to another frame it continues frozen for a moment after After Effects display the new frame. I have the latest drivers fron Nvidea but that dident solve the problem. I installed after effects 2019 and everithing works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PC running on a Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX 32 core proceessor with 64GB or RAM with Dual 2080TIs.  

My version of AE is 17.1.2 Build 37

I have tried multiple things, restarts, flushing the cached, using software instead of GPU for generating previews.  Moving the timeline from spanning across two monitors to being on a single monitor.  My problems started with this latest update.  Please fix this issue Adobe.  Why are we paying for subscriptions again??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I habe the same problem: preview doesn't work...

please provide to fix this bug!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines