• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 23.2 is now available for download!

Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The February 2023 release of After Effects, version 23.2, is now available for download from the Creative Cloud desktop application. This release adds support for OpenColorlO (OCIO) to simplify the ACES workflow. It also contains several stability and performance fixes.

What's New?

OpenColorlO and ACES color management:

Color management in after effects.pngOpenColorIO (OCIO) is a color management solution used primarily in motion picture production that helps enforce a color management methodology required for high-fidelity color imaging. The Academy Color Encoding System (ACES) is a free, open, device-independent color management system that aims to be the filmmaking industry standard for managing color. After Effects enables the ACES workflow by integrating OCIO as a color management engine.

To learn more, visit the OpenColorIO and ACES color management help document.

What's fixed?

• Fixed an issue that caused After Effects to crash on Windows when using Chinese characters in text layers.
  • Fixed an issue that allowed users to create new C4D layers when Cinema 4D wasn’t installed.
  • Fixed an issue that caused an error when saving the project with a media replacement control and a track matte.
  • Fixed an issue that caused After Effects to hang after presenting modal dialogs.
  • Fixed an issue that caused a delay in closing After Effects projects.
  • Fixed an issue that caused After Effects to crash when enabling any of the Simulate Output profiles with HW acceleration enabled.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented users from canceling an ongoing import of media files into the project.
  • Fixed an issue that slowed or interrupted CAF processing when Cache Frames When Idle was active.
  • Fixed an issue with Selectable Track Mattes when clicking and dragging on Alpha/Luma/Invert icons didn’t change settings on multiple layers.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented AErender from showing progress with interlaced render settings.

How to update After Effects to version 23.2?

Open the Creative Cloud desktop application and click the Updates tab on the top left. Find After Effects in the list and click Update.

AE 23.2.png

I don't see the update in my Creative Cloud desktop application. What should I do?

Click Help > Check for Updates from the Creative Cloud desktop application to refresh it.

NOTE: Updates are rolled out in phases. Please check back after a few hours if you don't see the new version in your CC desktop app.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import and export , Performance , Preview , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to go back to the previous version. This current one simply doesn't load the preview. It's extremely slow. Win 10 / RTX 3090

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. Just started using 23.2 and I can't see any of the pictures I load in making the product unusable. I am runing W11 with 64GB RAM and RTX 3060 graphics card. Tried ringing customer support and whilst they were checking on something the phone line went to the engaged tone and the call ended.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @RaoulVega, Hi @chism,

I'm sorry for my delayed response!

Did you experience slowness with the preview, or did the preview not load at all? If it was slow, did you get a warning that you're running low on memory and RAM has been extended for previews?

Knowing this will help me understand the issue better.

I also notice that you both have Nvidia GPUs, and recent Nvidia drivers have known issues with Premiere Pro and After Effects. Can you verify your GPU driver version?

Thank you!
Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rameez_Khan The problem I have is an extremely slow playback, as slow that sometimes it freezes completely, although at the beginning the playback marker is moving. 

PS: I was wrong with my GPU info:

GPU:   NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti
Driver Date:   1/15/2023

Driver Version:  31.0.15.2824

Thnx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 2023 After Effects v 23.2 keeps crashing (0 :: 42) when being opened. What should I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Herman25576690jl0v

Can you provide more details about your system specs and the OS?
Is After Effects 23.2 crashing on launch or while working?

Let me know.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Herman. Were you able to figure out the crash? I'm noticing the same thing while working in After Effects—it suddenly stops and I get the spinning wheel of stress lol. I don't know if it matters but I'm using the M1 Max Macbook Pro. Thank you in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This build doesn't recognize my Helvetica Neue and Gotham font families (and I'm sure there's others). What happened??? This happened in some previous builds and Adobe was able to fix it fairly quickly... I hope that will be the case with this build as well... I use these fonts in a number of projects. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @HoehneDesign,

I haven't seen any other reports of unrecognized fonts. Does it happen across all your projects?

Which OS are you on?

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Rameez... if I try to open any project that uses any of the fonts I've mentioned, I'll get a missing font message. If  I try to use any of those fonts in a new project... they aren't available. I'm using a MacBook Pro M1 Max and am on OS 12.6. Also, I should say that I went back to the previous build of AE the same day I upgraded and noticed the font problem, so I don't have the new build available on my system at the moment. Thanks for your help, Rameez.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's hope they have fixed the gray window error. In the main editing area, draw a rectangle, the whole area goes gray.

Shut down AE, try it again, you may get lucky,  open a new project and draw a retangle again, maybe this time you see it.

Many users have complained of this in the forums.  It doesn't happen all the time. Close and open AE 4 or 5 times and bingo then the problem disappears.  It's hit or miss.  AE 2022, never had this error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Animation Guy

Would it be possible for you to screen-record your grey window experience so that we can understand the issue better?

Also, we need more information about your system specs and OS.

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you been able to fix the constant AE freezing when working with dynamic link from PP to AE to Cinema 4d that occured with PP/AE 23.1? After 6 h of Adobe remote support, the only solution was to install PP/AE 23.0. Now my system is working again, but I cannot exchange projects with clients working with the latest version.
I outlined the details here.

Windows 11 (build 22621), AMD 5900X, RTX 3090 (latest studio driver)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting the issue, @Juerg5CF2

We will respond to your original thread and continue troubleshooting there.

-Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also graph editor doesn't work properly. Doesn't even show eased keyframes. Guys, come on, we need to earn money with your software!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @RolandZigmoon

Sorry to hear about your issue!

Can you show us a screenshot or a screen recording of your issue?

Please provide more information about your system specs and OS.

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot open previous projects made on 23.1, including one I made the last week.
I need to be able to acces these projects.
What can I do to go back to the previous version 23.1, or how can I open my projects from prev versions:
23.1 and 22.6.
Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share your project with us so we can test it on our end? You can upload it to Google Drive or any other file-sharing platform of your choice and share the URL with us.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This update has broken Shape's. When creating new shapes, they have an opacity issue. They have defaulted at 1% when creating. Though it states 100% under properties, you need to apply a new fill to correct this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not migrating previous settings, corrected that instance for me. Clean install of the update was needed on my part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting us know, @s.despins

I'll add this to my notes to share with the team.

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We cannot open our previous projects on this new update. How do we fix this? 

image (2).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultxnapr2tn7d7h,

Can you check the After Effects version from "About After Effects"? If you have multiple After Effects versions, can you double-check that you haven't launched the older version accidentally?

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to see that the UI lag is still there. When it will be fixed?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-bugs/ae-23-1-0-poor-performance-timeline-keyframe-lag/i...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines