Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 3D camera track, can't select track points

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ~!

I have a question regarding camera tracking in After Effects. I tracked this scene/shot before and it worked fine, but I might have pressed a button that turned off the ability to select tracking points/hovering over them doesn't give me a target/bullseye either. (I am still able to view all the track points, just can't interact with it!) I tried it in a different project and it works fine, but each time i reopen my project the same thing keeps happening even after I retrack and solve it again.

Any tips? Let me know if my problem is understandable! appreciate the help, thanks

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 11, 2015 Jul 11, 2015

It's Ctrl/Cmnd + Shift + h. If that does not work go to the view menu:

Screen Shot 2015-07-11 at 7.04.35 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Camera tracker plug-in must be selected in the Effects Control Panel for the tracking marks to show up in the comp window. You can show or hide layer controls with the Composition Window settings found in the upper right corner of the comp window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2014 Mar 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rick!

Thanks for your response, means a lot. I did have it selected, everything is viewable including the track points, but it's just that I cannot select them at all. I tried googling the problem but it doesn't seem like anyone has a problem with that... I know I can just start a new project all over again (which I Really don't want to since i'm in too deep) but at the same time I want to figure out what the problem is more than anything. terrible knack of mine!

Thanks again,

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2014 Jun 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same issue here and desperate to find a solution!!!

as shandygami I must have accidentally pressed a key (or combination) which doesn't let me select Track Points anymore nor the Target shows while moving the cursor between Track Points.

also the 3D Camera Tracker "lasso-tool" to select several Track Points is not available and clicking and dragging moves the layer instead selecting Track Points.

anyone??? please!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Prob 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem different is the blue stripe changes to orange stripe with text solving camera Furthermore, it does nothing when I go over it What can I do ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I solved it by turning on "varibale zoon " in the effects settings then re-analysing the 3d tracker. now am able to select the points

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2014 Jun 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think it might be because you're not in the "active camera" in your viewing drop down menu. Most likely just accidentally clicked on front, or left etc camera viewing option.... try the active camera and see if that's solving the problem. I hope this helps. active camera.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is wonderful. Thank you! I have been trying to figure out what happened with my adobe after effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I have been struggling with this issue for an hour. If not for your answer, I would have lost my whole day! THANK YOU! You are the BEST!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It help me a lot! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

omg thx so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still doesnt work. Active camera is set, Layer Controls is on, what do i do???????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank christ. F*** after effects when it's something so simple like this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it works to me, thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats what it was for me!  What a pain, thanks!  I had to go to Menu>View>Swtich 3D View>Ative Camera

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh Thank you! I've spent 30 minutes trying to figure this out!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2014 Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HAD THE SAME ISSUE - Found it out myself - I had locked a few layers that didn't have an apparent relation to the tracking, but I unlocked all my layers and I was able to move my tracking points again! Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Old post but did anyone find another solution to this. I have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, you camera track a 2D layer, not a 3D layer as in Pineapple King's screenshot, second not all footage can be camera tracked, third, you must have Camera Tracking selected in the Effects Control Panel before you can see or select the tracking points.

To any of these incredibly short examples help:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2015 May 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH MY GOD I FIGURED IT OUT!!! It's so simple...

press "Control+H" to unhide. That's it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 05, 2015 Jul 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hahahah! It's really so simple!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2015 Jul 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm facing the same problem! but when i press Control+H after effect hides! I'm on Mac OS ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2015 Jul 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Ctrl/Cmnd + Shift + h. If that does not work go to the view menu:

Screen Shot 2015-07-11 at 7.04.35 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines