• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects v 22.1.1 is now available!

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

After Effects v 22.1.1 is now available for download from the Creative Cloud desktop application. This update includes multiple bug fixes & performance improvements. It also includes new features like Universal Text Engine & C4D R25 update. This update is recommended for all users.

To update the app, open the Creative Cloud desktop application and click the Updates tab on the top left. Find After Effects in the list and click Update.

After Effects v 22.1.1 new features
Universal Text Engine.png

Universal text engine

After Effects now has a Universal text engine that enables you to seamlessly create and combine text using any language, or script in a single type layer.

C4D R25.pngC4D R25 update

The latest version of After Effects now supports the Cinema 4D R25 features.

Beta features

Scene Edit Detection.pngScene Edit Detection

Powered by Adobe Sensei, automatically detect scene changes in an edited clip and place scenes as layers for a faster project setup. Scene Edit Detection makes it much quicker and easier to reuse part of an edited video clip.

Extended Viewport.pngExtended Viewport

The Extended Viewport extends real-time 3D draft previews beyond the composition's frame boundaries. View 3D content located outside of the frame's edge, then bring it into the scene with ease. Switch back to standard frame view when you need to see your composition’s final look.

Properties Panel.png

Properties panel

Create motion graphics easier and faster with the new Properties Panel. Cut down on your twirl-time by quickly accessing the properties you need the most. It brings an easier way of working with Shape layers, plus basic layer transforms.

List of bugs fixed in version 22.1.1 

• Fixed an issue that caused After Effects to crash on quit after using Maxon Cinema 4D exporter.
  • Fixed an issue with CryptoMatte plugin that caused After Effects to crash if EXR sequence was larger than the composition.
  • Fixed an issue that caused After Effects to crash when starting audio only preview while using Draft 3D.
  • Fixed an issue with sync settings that caused After Effects to crash on quit after downloading the preferences.
  • Fixed an issue where re-linking a multi-layer PSD file would produce an invalid buffer error if one of the layers was deleted.
  • Fixed an issue where PNG files with an embedded ICC profile were not being rendered correctly when the Linearize Working Space option was enabled for the project.
  • Fixed an issue where the Preserve RGB option in the Interpret Footage options was not preserved when opening projects saved in After Effects 17.7 or earlier.
  • Fixed an issue with Text layers that prevented copy pasting South Asian and Middle Eastern text into a text layer that previously housed Roman or Greek characters.
  • Fixed an issue where Adjustment Layers would not be copied correctly from After Effects to Premiere Pro.
  • Fixed an issue where Cache Frames When Idle may start when a plugins UI was active in the foreground which could cause the plugin to respond slowly or hang.
  • Fixed an issue that caused After Effects to crash when using Hand tool when the Fractal effect has been applied to a layer and has focus.
  • Fixed an issue with Composition toolbar that prevented new composition from inheriting the 3D renderer used in previous composition.
  • Fixed an issue with Ground Plane that caused 3D grid lines to have inconsistent thickness.
  • Fixed an issue with Draft 3D that caused blank or offset comp content when resizing panel or changing magnification in auto-resolution mode.
  • Fixed an issue that caused rendering of After Effect projects that use C4D renderer or Cineware to fail with Dynamic Link.

Useful resources

System requirements
New Features
Fixed Issues
Known issues

TOPICS
FAQ , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C4D error. Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi eickholt,

Sorry for the frustration. Can you verify that you are running After Effects 22.1.1? Please check and report back. If you are not sure how to check, please refer to this FAQ.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, Yes I am. What I ended up doing is uninstalling and reinstalling AE 22.1.1 through the CC app. That fixed the problem. thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed AE 22.1.1 I have the same C4D error as eickholt. See attachment. 

Doesn't anyone at Adobe check these updates before they are released?

A simple test install would reveal the same error we are having. 

AE installed C:\Program Files\Maxon Cinema 4D R25 but can't seem to find it.

I cannot load Cineware on a layer to change the path because it gives the error to install R25.

Is there some text file AE uses to store paths that I can change to the correct path?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I tried uninstalling and reinstalling a couple times and that did NOT fix my error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone home at Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is C4D owned by Adobe and thats why its part of After Effects now? I always seem to have to uninstall, is there anyway I can have this not autoinstall with every update pls? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi antinnit,

Thanks for your message. No, C4D isn't owned by Adobe. You can check out this document for full instructions on how you can retain previous versions of After Effects. Please let us know if you need assistance with that.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will you be addressing the dreadful, terrible experience you're giving the community in regards to Snapping in AE before FY23?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lukas,

Sorry for the bad experience. You can contact the After Effects product team directly about this bug on User Voice.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this install. I am unable to export PNGs!

PNGIO support error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear that. I'm testing on macOS Big Sur and had no trouble exporting a PNG from both AME and the Render Queue and had no trouble doing so. Are you running After Effects 22.1.1? Please let us know more information about your system and media so we can try to reproduce your error here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thanks,

Attatched is my home computer specs, but I am also having the same issue on my iMac M1 16gb at work.

I just stepped down a version for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on Windows10...latest build...super-user workstation. Can not export PNG since 22.1.1 using Render Que BUT works if send to AME.

Errors attached...hit 1st "ok"and then next errors appear.

AE_22.1.1_PNG_ExportERROR_1.PNG

AE_22.1.1_PNG_ExportERROR_2.PNG

AE_22.1.1_PNG_ExportERROR_3.PNG

   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, hit "reply" on wrong thread! Meant the one above!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This new version compatible with Mac Mini M1 running Monterey?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope latest Big Sur, waiting to upgrade to Monterey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant get Borris Mocha FX to come up under animation tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Since the last update I am unable to open after effects.

This is the error i get every time:

Screenshot 2021-12-16 at 13.04.39.png

Hope you can help out.

Klaas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin 🙂 how are you? please note that the december 2021 update (version 22.1.1) with the new Universal Text engine DID NOT FIX the text animators issue, so text animators still work left to right, with right to left text. and what's worse is that in the new update - there's no way around that anymore (no latin text hack to write left to right with animators left to right)

I have already filed a bug report DVAAE-4220657 about this in october when I first saw this in the beta, seems it hasn't been addressed. 

so as you can see, for one line, you may try to reverse the keyframes, and place them on End instead of Start (that can cause other issues) but with two lines there's no way around that. 

this is a very big problem for RTL users. this update in relation to type is actually a step back in terms of usability. 

hebrewbad.gif

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin he is right

Please help us fix it asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. This is cruciual please fix the RTL text animators issue - the entire RTL user community suffers greatly from this - basically it makes AE 22.1.1 not usable, since this is a core feature.

People will not update until you fix this issue - or at least bring back LATIN Text Type until this issue will be resolved.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create a new Cinema 4D file from After Effects, it opens Cinema 4D R25 and it says no license available. I uninstalled Cinema 4D R25 and reinstalled After Effects. It didn't fix the issue. R25 was installed when After Effects was. And I couldn't find 'Cinema 4D Lite.exe' file anywhere. I remember R21 had that in its folder. I'm on After Effects 22.1.1image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines