• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Display acceleration disabled in After Effects

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using after effects trial version for the past week and I noticed something really annoying...

Whenever I open a file or start a new composition ... on the top right corner it shows "display acceleration disabled" and its driving me crazy. When this is shown the playback or preview is very jittery and slow.

But when I check the  edit > preferences > display option... the "hardware accelerate composition,layers and footage panel" is unchecked and grayed out.

Also when I check my "GPU information" from the preferences > previews .... it shows "Fast draft: not available( incompatible or old graphics driver)" and the OpenGL section is empty.

Inked2017-07-26 (1)_LI.jpg

Capture1.PNG

This is when I dont use any 3D ... just basic shape layers ... nothing else

When I turn on the 3D layer then the error message comes ...

ray traced error.png

2017-08-01.png

Some times this message comes...

2017-07-26 (2).png

but the thing is that ....Once in a while it works normally and the errors don't show (like this)

2017-07-27.png

As far I know , all the drivers are upto date

I have a :

Lenovo y520 laptop ( 2-3 month old)

Intel HD graphics 630

nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Intel Core i7-7700HQ  CPU at 2.8GHz (8 CPUs?)

16GB RAM

Direct X 12

Windows 10

2017-07-31.png

I've been looking online for about a week for the solution online and was unable to find a solution and I cant pinpoint what the problem is due to ....

What should I do ... please tell me a solution anyone ..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS. I notice this problem more when Chrome is open and less when I re-start the computer  ( I cant tell for sure as its only a week in trial version)

Also simultaneously this message comes in Premiere Pro ... "Adobe premiere pro could not find any capable video playing modules, please update your video display drivers and start again"   and  "This project was last used with mercury playback Engine GPU acceleration (CUDA), which is not available on this system, mercury playback Engine software will be used"

Szalam​

NOTE: Title edited by moderator

TOPICS
Error or problem , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

This post contains a curated list of possible solutions on how to fix Display Acceleration Disabled.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have no clue about the kind of machine you have, nor the OS you're running.  No one can give you any useful advice.

Other than this -- your tryout is about to end.  It's only good for seven (7) days.  You can't learn that much about all those applications in such a short time.  Thank Adobe for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually gave info on what device im using above...

anyways here you go ...

Lenovo y520 laptop ( 2-3 month old)

Intel HD graphics 630

nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Intel Core i7-7700HQ  CPU at 2.8GHz (8 CPUs?)

16GB RAM

Operating System: Windows 10 Home, 64-bit

DirectX version: 12.0

GPU processor: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Driver version: 384.94

Direct3D API version: 12

Direct3D feature level: 12_1

CUDA Cores: 768

Core clock: 1493 MHz

Memory data rate: 7008 MHz

Memory interface: 128-bit

Memory bandwidth: 112.13 GB/s

Total available graphics memory: 12225 MB

Dedicated video memory: 4096 MB GDDR5

System video memory: 0 MB

Shared system memory: 8129 MB

2017-07-31.png

anything else ... let me know

also I used to use aftereffects cs6 on my old laptop but it did not face such problems ... (but it was a very basic laptop with one or no graphics card)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem tends to come up with NVIDIA cards, specifically GeForce cards. More specifically, it seems to happen with computers with GeForce cards and GeForce Experience software installed. It's a troubleshooting thing that the GeForce software injects into games (and other things that use GPU-acceleration like AE). You can try uninstalling the GeForce experience software. Alternatively, you could try going into AE's preferences and turning off the "Hardware accelerate...panels" option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Szalam, just getting back to your post there about the NVIDIA specifially GeForce cards which I too are having problems with. Is there any suggestions what you might recommend or think might be a good graphics card? Also do you think 8GB of ram is enough in a desktop computer when using creative cloud? Seriously thinking about upgrading my graphics card and adding more ram.

Thanks,

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no! this process is not working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi NihalAhmed49,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if you have or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had an identical problem, with a GTX 1050. Adobe customer care said that the problem was that my NVIDIA graphics card was not being read by the system (merely looked at display properties, but GTX 1050 wouldn't be listed under there anyways), but after running additional diagnostics and contacting NVIDIA, the problem is not the graphics card itself. I am currently at the end of the troubleshooting rabbit hole, any more suggestions/solutions would be of great help. Thank you.

Dell XPS 9560

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

16GB RAM

Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU 2.80 GHz

512GB SSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same computer and I'm running into the same issue. Can't seem to find anything that resolved this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave, I'm sure the questioner found this very helpful. (ignoring that fact you obviously didn't even read the post, all info was given)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this is resolved. I am having a similar problem.

My laptop is a similar specification (i7, Windows 10, 16gb Ram) but only on GeForce 960 card.

Sometimes the display acceleration is disabled when I start AE, and sometimes it's not. And I can't see a pattern so far, I just have to shut down and keep trying. 

I have a paid Adobe CC account, and all the GeForce and Adobe products are on the latest update.

If I've missed any info please let me know!

Thanks, Victoria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have similar problem with my After Effect CC 2017 and I have no idea how to solve this problem.

My workstation:

Dell T7810

Operating System: Windows 10 Home, 64-bit

DirectX version: 12.0

2x Intel Xeon CPU E5-2620v3 2.40GHz

80 GB RAM

2x GeForce quadro K5000 (SLI)

What should I do ...

graph_1.jpg

graph_2.jpg

graph_3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having almost the exact same issues as OP with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (Asus Turbo model). Latest version of both Adobe software and Nvidia driver. OpenGL options are greyed out in AE, Encoder can't detect hardware for rendering and Premiere won't even start (See error message attached). Downgrading Premiere to an earlier version (11.0.2) enables it to start up, but then behaves the same as Encoder - no rendering hardware found.

"System info" in Photoshop confirms that it is able to detect openGL:

OpenGL Drawing: Enabled.

OpenGL Allow Old GPUs: Not Detected.

OpenGL Drawing Mode: Advanced

OpenGL Allow Normal Mode: True.

OpenGL Allow Advanced Mode: True.

AIFCoreInitialized=1

AIFOGLInitialized=1

OGLContextCreated=1

NumGLGPUs=1

NumCLGPUs=1

NumNativeGPUs=0

glgpu[0].GLVersion="4.1"

glgpu[0].IsIntegratedGLGPU=0

glgpu[0].GLMemoryMB=11264

glgpu[0].GLName="NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti"

glgpu[0].GLVendor="NVIDIA Corporation"

glgpu[0].GLVendorID=4318

glgpu[0].GLDriverVersion="22.21.13.8569"

glgpu[0].GLRectTextureSize=32768

glgpu[0].GLRenderer="GeForce GTX 1080 Ti/PCIe/SSE2"

glgpu[0].GLRendererID=6918

glgpu[0].HasGLNPOTSupport=1

Unigine rendering benchmark runs fine in openGL mode. Cinema 4D also detects openGL.

I've tried an array of different combinations of recent Nvidia drivers and CC App versions. Same symptoms (except Premiere starting up on 11.0.2)

CPU: i7-7820X

RAM: 32 GB

SSD: 2 x Samsung M.2 256 GB

MB: Asrock Taichi X299 (BIOS 1.60)

errors.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one computer where I work that keeps popping that "can't find video play modules" message. I reinstall the latest driver and then it works fine. But then, the next time I start Premiere, it's a crap shoot about whether or not it'll work. (This is with an earlier version of Premiere). I'd recommend contacting Adobe support. Please let us know what you find out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey i solved it on mine by going to:

Edit >> Preferences >> Video Preview >> Check the Enable Mercury Transmit Box

That's what worked for me.

JonathanAE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh Yeah!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I've got this exact thing, combined with weird crashes when a ui panel is moved during preview, no error code, nothing, just disappears.. Also preview is INCREDIBLY slow. Was noticeably faster on a 6yo pc with win 7 and gtx960 which is only 2gb!! This is literally almost unusable at the moment and I'm not happy. Crashing constantly with ''unspecified drawing error" and out of memory warnings when previewing a single h.264 file.  Absolute joke. I'm so annoyed with this as I have a busy schedule and this is totally screwing everything up.

My current spec:

Win10 pro

Intel i7 7820x 3.6ghz

Gigabyte Gtx 1080 G1

32gb ram

No overclock, everything stock

Drivers tried:

Ae versions with error:

I'm out of ideas now, someone please help me!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Out of memory 23:40" error now. As above I have 32gb ram and my comp has one h.264 and one Photoshop file. This is crazy can't work like this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this an old thread but did you fix this issue? Got the same problem, a few simple adjustments or just a couple of PSD’s in there, Then boom, warnings and then crashes.

Win10

GTX 1070

Intel i7 8970k

32gb ram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

yea I guess I do not have that problem much nowadays,

I believe that problem was caused due to Incompatibility between the (then) newer graphics card and windows

But it got fixed suddenly when some windows update came. (supposedly)

I had done a lot of other things in the meanwhile too, like reset the PC and delete cache files, and reinstall the program... but like I said I saw an immediate result I believe After the Software Update..

Different people may have different factors for the problems, but just try out a few things and If it doesn't work, take it to the retailer to get your device replaced.

Hope my advice helps, and cheers to fixing ur problem ASAP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

well, I actually THINK i have sorted the problem.

Even though they say compatibility (adobe or nvidia) is now updated, i found its not.

I entered my 1070 into the ‘raytracer supported cards txt’ (as it was not present, although after effects does say it is) file and downloaded an updated Optix.dll file following this guide:

https://wccftech.com/after-effects-does-not-support-gtx-10-series-graphics-cards-for-cuda-ray-traced...

I simulated some heavy tasks ect and the issue has not happened since! So fingers crossed thats it sorted.

Thanks  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its making sense its the 10 series cards issue still as before with an older machine using a 960, never had this issue at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you have the settings that solve most problems with older or weaker Nvidia cards, they also help with overall performance.

Unfortunately in polish, but its quite easy to figure out what is what based on location of the setting.

(These are Nvidia Control Panel settings, you can open it by pressing RightMouseButton on desktop, and then choosing Nvidia Control Panel)

Bez nazwy-1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for me!
In my case I have 2x GTX 2080 and the issue came up when I swap them up to down because of space/ventilation matters.
In the AE preferences of Nvidia control panel I just changed the OpenGL render GPU from Automatic (the default value) to manual choose one the cards. That solved the problem!

Thanks a lot! Thumbs up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actualizando    Microsoft DirectX® de esta pagina Download DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from Official Microsoft Download Center  a los mas actuales.
A lo mejor asi se arregle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines