Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Animate into AE fails

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

As of the recent 17.0.2 update, I'm finding that I can't import Animate .fla files into AE. 

The import dialog hangs for a while (whited-out in a non responsive state), then returns an error simply stating: "An error occured while importing this file. Please try again.". Frustratingly, this error often appears behind the import dialog, so you can easily miss it.

This seems to happen with all .fla files, so I don't think it's a specifically broken file. 

Possibly related, is since the upgrade, any dynamically linked file in a project throws the error:
GPUSniffer.exe - Entry Point Not Found

This bug is raised in other threads: https://community.adobe.com/t5/character-animator/character-animator-exe-entry-point-not-found/td-p/...

Uninstalling/Reinstalling AE makes the problem go away, but only temporarily. Signing out of windows / restarting the computer makes it come back.

Steps taken to attempt a resolution:

- Restarting machine

- Attempts with different files
- Complete uninstall / reinstall of Animate and After Effects, including dumping preferences
- Update / reinstall NVIDIA and intel graphics drivers

System:
Dell G3 3779 i7-8750H 32GB ram
Windows 10 build 18363

After Effects 17.0.2
Aniamte 20.0.2

Intel UHD 630 - Driver 24.20.100.6286

NVIDIA GTX1060 - Driver 26.21.14.4219

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll be pleased to hear that after completely uninstalling every adobe product on my machine, then running the Creative Cloud Cleaning Tool (following the step-by-step guide here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html#run-the-creativ... ), deleting the appData folders and performing a restart, did not solve the problem. After spending several hours re-downloading all the adobe suite, the problem remains. 

(just realised it's signed me in with my other account here, but still, problem is still there).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After submitting a support ticket to Adobe, they responded with exactly the same steps I told them I've already taken before closing the ticket. So yeah, rolling back to past versions seems to be the only solution for anyone experiencing this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Just wondering if you ever found a solution to this other than rolling back? Facing the same problem and it's a nightmare, especially since I'm workign with a team and can't get everyone to roll back their versions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem. Each time I atempt to import a file from Adobe Animate "An error occured while importing this file. Please try again."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the solution.

Go back and install Animate version 20.0

Problem solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. WTF? It worked fine up until a few weeks ago now SWF's come in blank and FLA's don't import at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have at least discovered that you can still import SWFs if you strip the file of all filters (blurs etc) on layers. Not quite an FLA import solution but something... for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I take it this problem is not solved.

I am running After Effects 17.7 and Animate 21.3 on a MacBook Pro with Mojave 10.14..

It is really annoying as I am on a work deadline.

First, it was the Media Encoder problem (now solved) and now this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have long gone back to importing SWFs again. But apparently now I also need to shut down AE, export the SWF and restart AE if the update with the same name should happen seamlessly. Otherwise I get missing footage alerts, regardless of reloading or replacing the footage or purging the cache! Not sure if that's because my server is a Mac and I'm working on Windows, but it's really annoying. Everything's improving NOT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's shameless on the part of Adobe. No solution forthcoming. More trouble than it's damned worth. Who can work like this? In the end my creativity is compromised by Adobe. Thing that were easily done last week are now immpossible. Who wants to restart their computer and re-install software all day? I've had Cloud for three weeks now and everything in it is a mess. Nothing works like it should. Has anyone tried to use the brushes in photoshop? Every single one is a stupid blob. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working, even on 21.0.7.

When we'll have a fix for it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working. Fresh install. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a royal pain. Their "support" team gives you some lip service and then disappearss into the ether. I'm looking for alternative software but I have decades of work related to Adobe. Now, when someone asks me if they should buy the adobe suite I respond "hell no!" Adobe seems to think they can sell us faulty software withut recrimination. Their days are numbered for sure. On top of that I pay more than one hundred dollars a month for unreliable software and flimsy support. Eighty percent of what I'm forced to buy is irrelevant to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone is still having difficulty with this, I have used Timelord from BattleAxe and it is great for this problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects not importing Animate/Flash files in the latest recent updates to Adobe 2023.
Adobe please fix this bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the trouble. Please check out the following thread for the solution: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-bugs/unable-to-import-fla-files-into-ae/idi-p/13575254

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines