• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My preview doesn't stop playing

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to animate a little something but whenever I press space or 0 to preview it, it won't stop, it takes a really long time IF it does. I never had this issue before I updated to CC2020, it can't be a media cache or a RAM issue, cause I literally only have like 5 layers of text;; It just keeps looping over and over. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating driver....no problems during last 24 hours. But an annoing issue may be related to this is the fact that previewing ...lets say 20" clip in Full HD takes all the available RAM (32 in my case) then it slows down I can not even move mouse. I just bought an 1 TB SSD to move temp folder and video there to improve speed...but nothing. I have to empty  cache every  30 minutes or less. Otherwise I'll have to force a close app and loose my job.  Too many AE 2020 issues with rotoscoping and now with previewing. If I can not preview I can not work. Older AE versions are sooo much more stable!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the same issue. i have noticed less of a probelm when my external monitor is not connected. I am on a 2018 MacBook Pro with a Dell Ultra Sharp monitor connected via the Displaly port of the monitor to USB-C drive of the Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe tools have gotten many stupid stability issues over time. I'd rather have no new features for 2 years but no crashes or other issues that slow down the flow of everything. Gosh!! I've had so many issues with at least 3 apps (Photoshop, XD, AE) in the last few months it's really making me consider moving away and quiting adobe all together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Temporary solution:
Use the Preview panel controls (play button) and don't move your mouse off it. This should allow you to stop it almost immediately.

I found that using spacebar puts me in the loop limbo too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reading all these tricks upon how to preview... It looks like an old motorcycle, the one only the owner knows how to start. But this is supposed to be a brand new car. My feeling  now is this: there are no more CD installers with a very stable software inside ( I can't imagine all theese issues and a pack of CD's distribution  release every month for free after you pay). So we all are betatesters. In this way Adobe can release sooner a new version. Sincerelly fustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use After Effects primarily for work, and this software has really let me down. Can't even get the preview to run correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After my last ram preview error + Alt F4 to force closing AE   at 7:45 a.m. I realized there was no Mercury or CUDA proyect setting available: ghosted out.

After second launching CUDA or Mercury transmit is available again....so I choose CUDA and working fine so far (15 minutes). May be the mistake is not recognizing Nvidia card when launching. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today i am Try to do a ram preview and i am getting this too, at Window Version 17.1.1 (Build 34)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing that worked for me was turning off the preview looping, so that whenever I start the preview, it only plays back once and then stops.

Hope this gets fixed soon because the audio is almost always off when I do a single run even once it caches

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug is killing me. It stops me from regular work. Does anyone have a comment from Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.   I need to use Task Manager to shut down After Effects.  I am now essentially out of the "preview" business in AE.  I need to render it in Media Encoder to see the results.  Can't wait for a fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And ... same here. What' are you doing Adobe?

We are professionals, our clients paid us for a creation or a service ... and we do it! We found our way to make it work.

So are you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have any of you tried what was mentioned earlier in this thread? This started happening to me after updating the Nvidia studio driver. Once I downgraded it to the game-ready driver, it has worked fine since. You can also try downgrading  to a more previous version if that doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which drive version works for you? i use nvidia drive and i am getting the same problem too

I am at 446.14 game ready drive and still getting this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue as everyone here. It's now August 14, this post is from January 1... Adobe, what are you doing?!? This is ridiculous...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, from my side, switching the graphic card drivers from gaming to studio
(and oppsit) can solve this problem temporary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yanna, thanks for letting me know. I'm using a mac, i'm not sure how I could switch any driver from gaming to studio. Is that something that can be done directly in AE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDITED:

Hi all,

My apologies for the delayed response!

This bug was fixed in After Effects 17.1.2. The AE team is working on a similar bug on macOS.

If anyone of you is experiencing this on Windows too, please let us know.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got that update, but problem still persists. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still doesnt work on the mac version.  This is driving me nuts.  How long until it gets fixed as i'm losing days of work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the latest update (17.1.2) fixed this bug ONLY for the Windows platform.

Others have chosen to work with earlier versions – 16.x.x to avoid this issue.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHAT A PAIN IN THE A. Please, fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on macOS Catalina 10.15.16, After Effects 2020 with latest update. Same issue. RAM preview is stuck looping unless I force close even in the simplest comp imaginable.....Essentially making this version of AE completely unusable. Adobe wtf? People have been complaining about this since February. Guess its back to 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me to, the same problem. Press and press over and over, but nothing is happening.

And has nothing to do with "loop option" still the same.

Help would be great.

I look like a fool with a client beside me ("there is another one who does not understand his software").

MacBook Pro, 2018

1 LG 4K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines