• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The "Fit" feature doesn't work for a composition that has been moved aside.

Contributor ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Fit" feature doesn't work for a composition that has been moved aside. It works only for a composition that has been zoomed in or out:

After Effects fit.gif

In Illustrator the same feature works fine for both zoomed (in/out) and moved documents.

Illustrator fit.gif

In Photoshop there is a bug which I described in this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/the-quot-fit-on-screen-quot-feature-does-t-w...

The "Fit" document feature:

Zoomed document

Moved document

After Effects

OK

–

Illustrator

OK

OK

Photoshop

OK

bug

macOS v12.7.1

After Effects v24.0.3

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delayed response. Are you still having the issue?
Feel free to reach out. I am moving this thread from Bugs to Discussions for now.

Thanks,
Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@nishu_kush  Yes, I do. Please, address this issue and make the UI/UX of After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop equally good and consistent. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you moved the Comp Frame, "Fit" remained selected. Picking it again does nothing to reposition the Comp Frame. Select Fit up to 200% or use the keyboard shortcut Shift + / to re-center the comp. I think AE has always worked this way. I almost never use the mouse to recenter the Comp Frame because the keyboard shortcut is faster, can be done with one hand, and always works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rick Gerard ðŸ‘ŽðŸ¤®

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines