• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Sensei AI Roto -Improvement Ideas

Participant ,
Aug 19, 2023 Aug 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to say that rotoscoping in After Effects has not seen a drastic improvenent. It is usable, but still laborious.

I had thought with support from Sensei theree would be drastic improvement. Not so.

I had a project rotoscoping individual solo dancers from a black background. The dancers were in full fill light.

This should have been a relatively easy task.

Unfortunately, it was not.

Honestly, it would have been faster taking the 115 or so frames from each of the four video clips into PhotoshoP, use select subject, then exported then back out to AE.

Roto needs to be retooled to go through two selection processes before you even get to the brush.

First, it needs to go through a contrast detection process and make an initial selection based on contrast.

Second, it needs to refine that selection using a focus detection pass.

Then the user can remove items that are not part of the desired selection using the roto brush and refine the actual selection

As it is now, roto brush is essentially the same as it was before.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Compositing and VFX

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Contributor ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Not seen a drastic improvement" - I actually don't think it's seen ANY improvement.  It's a laughably bad feature.  None of the editors at work ever touch that tool; it's never been usable for any kind of professional work.  

Votes

Translate

Translate