• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Have new features according to user needs, not what your marketing team thinks

Contributor ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects has become an apalling mess and Adobe is a joke of a company.  Why on earth are the new features etc., being driven by your marketing department instead of what users want and need?  We're in a ridiculous position where updating After Effects with the hope of fixing one lot of bugs just introduces a whole load more.  Can someone with a bit of backbone at Adobe suggest to their bosses that they are f***ing the company?  The ONLY reason I still have CC is because they offered me money off when I went to cancel, but I'm slowly shifting my workflow away from Adobe completely because they cannot make a decent piece of software. 

Adobe, please DO YOUR JOB so that I can do mine!  

Idea Acknowledged
TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Ok, we are listening. What features do YOU want in AE?

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
21 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly it's all too true, but it won't change. Most Adobe programs have turned into veritable dumpster fires of broken and incomplete features.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, we are listening. What features do YOU want in AE?

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well there's about 10 years of basic requests that people have been asking for that you could look through. Top of my list would be timeline folders. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While my personal feature wish list for Adobe After Effects is getting a bit long, and the ones I've posted haven't received many votes, I'd like to balance this thread with some appreciation for the software:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chriso M8 

There's a prior feature request for this that could use more votes.  Personally, I'd love to see the same behavior as Illustrator for rounded corners.  That is, being able to change the corner radius in After Effects in the same way we can change the corner radius of live shapes in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the AE team ever actually implemented any of the requests made in this forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

content aware video fill is trash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sterphy wrote:

After Effects has become an apalling mess and Adobe is a joke of a company.  Why on earth are the new features etc., being driven by your marketing department instead of what users want and need?  We're in a ridiculous position where updating After Effects with the hope of fixing one lot of bugs just introduces a whole load more.  Can someone with a bit of backbone at Adobe suggest to their bosses that they are f***ing the company?  The ONLY reason I still have CC is because they offered me money off when I went to cancel, but I'm slowly shifting my workflow away from Adobe completely because they cannot make a decent piece of software. 

Adobe, please DO YOUR JOB so that I can do mine!  

@InfiniteWhale Not sure about this forum, but I've previously requested things and they've come to fruition. The developers used to get actively involved in chats - but this is going back about a decade. My first ever feature request was to have Auto-save ON by default; in the olden days, if you installed a new version of AE, the auto-save pref would default back to "off"...which obviously you'd only discover after a crash had destroyed hours of work! So you've got me to thank if you've ever reverted to an auto-saved version (kind of.....😂).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's wild!  They act as if we're not paying a subscription for this software.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one is acting like that. I am sorry if we haven't picked your feature request. We get 100s a month. We are continuing to prioritize and deliver as we can. Your request for timeline folders is high on the priority list. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@InfiniteWhale If you filter the posts in the Ideas forum by the Status "Released", you will see requests that have been implemented and released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well a decade ago Adobe were still putting out (relatively) well made software. Things have changed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, there's like 5 things in there! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jenkmeisterthank you for the improvements that have occurred in AE since you joined the team.

I'd like improved UI performance on Windows.

I'm on Windows 10/AMD CPU/NVIDIA platform, dual-displays, and my timeline responsiveness gets very slow if I have a bunch of keyframes visible/selected or the graph editor open. Typically this involves shape layers, even with outlines hidden. Makes me wonder if the UI can't keep up (and I remember a comment years ago about UI speed improvements coming!). If I shrink my timeline so fewer layers are visible, or I select fewer keyframed properties, voila, speeds go up a bit. If I shrink to a single display the UI gets quicker again.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@motionben Have you tried the AE Beta builds of late? There is a significant perf update around the Timeline and keyframe UI performance that we have out in testing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bring back PRO Import on Mac. Working with Aivd editors is an entire workflow to "clean" the AFF through DaVinci then bring it into Premier because it can't understand Avid timlines and nested clips right, and THEN into After Effects. And stop making a new full-length comp for Premier Text elements pasted into aftereffects. either paste them as the raw layer or trim them down so we can see the right durations.

Second

The full type panel from Illustrator so we can use swashes and variable type as native text with scripting access to ALL properties for templating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you just take a bit longer to release a stable, properly working version? This since the annual update cycle started it's just gotten slower and buggier every year.  I feel like I'm in this state of waiting for an update to fix bugs only to see what else has been broken. And working with editors outside of my company who are on different versions - nightmare! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jenkmeisterthanks for pointing me to the beta! Updated to the latest build yesterday and opened a shape-heavy comp, definitely noticed an improvement in timeline UI performance. Still can create some noticeable lag if I select a lot of keys and try to move them simulataneously on the timeline but overall UI perf feels snappier. Looking forward to getting this improvement in production builds. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jenkmeister On the home window:

• Recent Projects, such is the case with other Adobe apps. 
  • Tutorials related to the most expert use of After Effects from real commercial productions. Not only absolute beginner tutorials. Entice me to continue paying for Adobe for every single use case, such as compositing, colour and 3D. The forums are a great place to learn from others, but that is a poor excuse for not producing the best, most useful tutorials in the world relating to what people want to learn and promoting it in your most robust app. Adobe should be at the forefront of getting more people to understand how it competes, inside the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AE is never *really* out of beta though... 

Votes

Translate

Translate