• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show both audio levels and waveform with shortcut L

Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! When I want to quickly access the audio level of a layer I press "L", if i click it again it'll come up with the waveform but not the audio levels. So I have to click it once to get the audio levels and then open the waveform manually with the mouse. I think it would make more sense to open both with one shortcut as when adjusting the audio levels it's really useful to see the waveform as well. Alternatively, when pressing L twice show the waveform as well as the audio level. It's a small change but it would saving me quite a lot of time!

Idea Acknowledged
TOPICS
UI and UX , Workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Try pressing LL, then hold down shift and press L.

RickGerard_0-1714543342717.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

I'll add it to the backlog for the team to consider. I'm sure back when it was originally built, swapping between the waveform and the level made sense but if that no longer does, we can certainly look at adjusting the behavior.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
7 Comments
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set a keyframe for Audio Levels, press LL. then press U. That will give you both properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick! Thanks for the reply! I would love to do that, shift+L to create an audio Level keyframe (I think I might have edited the original shortcut), but now LL will show me the waveform, without the keyframe, and U will show me all the keyframe but without the Waveform... Check it on your end, maybe the behaviour on my machine is different, I cannot find a way to open levels AND waveform without manually open the waveform with the mouse. It's not a big deal but I feel like this is the kind of small UI/UX changes that will save lots of time to everyone overrall!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll add it to the backlog for the team to consider. I'm sure back when it was originally built, swapping between the waveform and the level made sense but if that no longer does, we can certainly look at adjusting the behavior.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds great, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try pressing LL, then hold down shift and press L.

RickGerard_0-1714543342717.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick, works for me! Still, it would be great to see both audio level and waveform at the same time by just pressing LL:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's too many steps when he just asked for a simple keyboard shortcut 

Votes

Translate

Translate