• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add Option to “Ripple Delete ALL GAPS in Track” in Multitrack Editor

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to be able to right click on a time gap in the multitrack editor, go to the Ripple Delete context submenu, and select an option called "All Gaps". Right now there's an option called "Gap", which closes the empty space between two clips in the track, but I want an option to do that with EVERY clip on the track, all at once.

I record voiceovers in Audition and delete the dead air between takes, and right now there's a laborious, tedious, and unnecessary step between deleting that dead air and actually moving the clips together on the timeline. That step is to right click each and every gap between each and every take, one by one, and select the "Ripple Delete Gap" option (which there isn't even a keyboard shortcut for by default). This literally increases how long it takes to finish a job by a multiple of however many takes were recorded. There's no technical reason that Audition can't identify where empty space is on a track and ripple delete all of it. Other programs can do it. But in Audition, if you're organizing 30 line reads, it takes 30 times longer.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Multitrack editor , User experience and interface , Workflow or interoperability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?