• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

24.4.1 Timeline shortcuts stop working randomly until timeline panel is reactivated

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched and can't find anyone else with this issue. Timeline shortcuts (ex add edit, ripple trim, etc.) randomly stop working even when the timeline panel has the blue border showing that it is the activated panel. I'll be cutting footage and randomly a shortcut doesn't work. I then have to reselect the timeline panel and it will begin working again. The important thing to note here is that this doesn't happen because I moved to the effects control panel or the program panel. I can make 3 or 4 cuts, move clips up and down, all using shortcuts, and then randomly the panel becomes unresponsive to shortcuts until I click the timeline again. 

Version 24.4.1. Is this just a bug or am I missing something? I started work the other day to find that Premiere had auto updated itself and that makes it even more annoying! Any help would be great.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Thanks for the confirmation and sorry for the trouble. This is fixed now in 24.6 beta and should go into a release version as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Are you by any chance moving a clip when this happens? If so, this is a known issue (after moving a clip in Timeline, shortcuts do not work until you give focus again) that we believe have fixed with 24.6 beta 009 or later (if you would like to verify)

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can turn off auto update in the CC desktop app.

Tried resetting preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Just switched from Windows to Mac a few months ago, so I didn't realize auto update would be turned on by default on installation.

Just reset preferences and cleared cache and the issue remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you by any chance moving a clip when this happens? If so, this is a known issue (after moving a clip in Timeline, shortcuts do not work until you give focus again) that we believe have fixed with 24.6 beta 009 or later (if you would like to verify)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, yes this is exactly what's happening. I'm sorting footage and moving a clip up to track 2 and then it becomes unresponsive. Glad it's a known issue.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the confirmation and sorry for the trouble. This is fixed now in 24.6 beta and should go into a release version as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate