Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Reframe Sequence making strange decisions

Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! 

I'm using auto-reframe sequence to change a 16x9 sequence to a 9x16 sequence for social media purposes. I've used auto-reframe sequence before in the same way and have had good results with it but for the past 5-10 or so times I've tried it I've got these strange results where it doesn't track with the subject's face. 

I'm attaching a clip so you can see its behavior. It's a pretty straightforward clip, a face is clearly in view and I've done this in the exact same setup before but I can't figure out what I'm missing. I know I can overwrite generated keyframes, which I've done before for the occasional hiccup, but it's like it sees a ghost in the clip and is off the whole time. Obivously, if I have to overwrite all of the keyframes it's not worth using it.

To add more details, I'm right-clicking on the sequence in the Project panel and selecting Auto Reframe Sequence, not applying the effect to individual clips. 

I'm really hoping it's just a bug that will get sorted soon or I'm doing something wrong, that would be even better, because I really like this feature for quickly pulling selects and reframing for social media.

This is my first time on these forums so be gentle with me. Any help is appreciated!

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Hey all, I'm checking back in on this after reporting it back in January and can also confirm that updating my GeForce Studio Drivers to 531.41 has solved this curious case. Auto reframe sequence is working like a charm and I couldn't be more chuffed to have it back in action in my projects. 

I have a RTX 3070ti, running Windows 10, and 23.2 for Premiere.

I will probably be making a YouTube video about this to help out folks who don't use the forums. This was my first time joining in on a forum di

Votes

Translate

Translate
31 Comments
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The newest one releases on March 22-23. 531. Sorry I don’t have the exact
version as I am not at my Pc at the moment I am however using the Game
Ready not the Studio version. --
-----------------
*Ryan*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed it for me, updating the driver from 527.56 to 531.41.

@Francis-Crossman Thanks for the explanation. I can't get my head around it, given that it was apparently works in an earlier version with a driver that doesn't work in the newer version. lol. Some things are still just a Black Box.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, I'm checking back in on this after reporting it back in January and can also confirm that updating my GeForce Studio Drivers to 531.41 has solved this curious case. Auto reframe sequence is working like a charm and I couldn't be more chuffed to have it back in action in my projects. 

I have a RTX 3070ti, running Windows 10, and 23.2 for Premiere.

I will probably be making a YouTube video about this to help out folks who don't use the forums. This was my first time joining in on a forum discussion and really enjoyed getting this solved.

Thanks!
Joel

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the auto reframe all the time on my MacBook Pro 2019, but it just won't work on my new mac mini m2. A lot of work tot transfer all my videos back and forth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

We have the same issue on our Win10 PC's on Premiere 23.2 and i installed the latest Driver for our Nvidia RTX2080. But reframeing does still nothing. Not even an Sequenz in 9x16. Really nothing. It's a Pain to convert all the 16x9 Videos by Hand to 9x16. Could you give me a tip how to solve this? We have more then 10 of the same edits and its horrible. Thank you. Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After trial and error lots of weeks I found out that in my project the footage was automaticly set to 'scale to frame size'. Right clicking the footage - set to frame size and then applying the reframe effect worked perfectly. Hope this works for some people.

Votes

Translate

Translate