• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug: Horizontal scroll buggy in version 23.4

Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the new update of Premiere Pro (version 23.4) horizontal scroll on the timeline hardly works at all. When I use a two finger swipe on my trackpad to move the timeline left or right, it normally moves very smoothly and moves long distances quickly. But in version 23.4 it hardly moves, and I have to push down hard on the trackpad and do really long swipes to initiate a (weak) scroll.

I ended up reinstalling version 23.3, and horizontal scroll on the timeline now works perfectly again.
I hope this will be fixed with future updates so I can always have the latest version.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Hey everyone,

The engineering team has released a fix for a similar issue in the latest Beta. Could you try the Beta and let us know if that fixes your problem? Installing the Beta won't overwrite your current version of Premiere Pro. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Gotcha all - I was able to reproduce the scrolling bug on another system and we have submitted a fix for the issue. You should see all scrolling issues fixed in the next version. If anyone has time to download and test with the current Beta Version (Creative Cloud Desktop App -> Beta apps -> Premier Pro) - that would be awesome to make sure the issue is 100% fixed when we release the update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Hello, 
This issue is fixed in Premiere Pro v23.5, which will be available the week of June 17. 

Regards,

Fergus

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
71 Comments
Explorer ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No dude, I use Premiere profesionally so I can't risk to use a Beta software unfortunately. I just downloaded to test what Ishan Y suggested and the problem was fixed indeed. I used the beta for like 10 minutes and checked out some of the new feautres that looked cool! But no, I have not used the BETA and can't reccomend it. I wouldn't personally risk it for pro work. Sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ishan Y Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your hesitation to use the beta, but it has saved my life once or twice.  You should be able to revert to another version of Premiere 23 and still open a project saved in the beta... and I don't think Ishan or any other adobe employee would recommend using the beta if they felt there would be issues.  I keep my autosave interval to 5 minutes so if I have a crash, I can never lose that much work.  Frankly, I hate trackpads so I always have a mouse with me if I'm working with a laptop.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just to say that two weeks down the line and it's still not working. Any chances of a fix timeframe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ITS FIXED!  I dont know what you had to change to get the timeline working but its so smooth now. dont know why it was in the first place laggy, seems like a simple thing but i am happy, thank you. https://youtu.be/jUoPzD6ayC8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also noticing the timeline feels worlds better in the beta (have been struggling with responsiveness for a while). How quickly can we get this in the non-beta?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on an external SSD should help with that.
Although it is fixed in the newest release, a while ago something similar happened on of the most powerful macs in our office, turns out that the editor by mistake attached the proxies as full resolution, or the full resolution as proxiers. this created a bottleneck, keep an eye on that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I'm working on an thunderbolt NVME that gets 2000mbs read write. I'm just reacting to how much more responsive the beta timeline feels. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also expereriencing this with two finger scrolling specifically please address

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2023 Jun 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2023 Jun 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. 2021 MBP M1 max. Ppro 23.4.0, left to right scrolling is delayed, sometimes nonresponsive. Very noticeable. Hoping Adobe gets a fix for this soon very annoying. 

---
Cinematic Video Production, 17+ Years of Excellence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this issue too. UGHHH Please fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @AdventuresofMattandNat,

Sorry! Since it's fixed in Beta, it should be fixed in an upcoming version of Premiere Pro. Sorry for the hassle!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2023 Jun 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On completion of the newest update, which has a feature to improve mouse movement and scrolling on Macbook Track pads, I am expereince crazy amounts of scrub lag. I need to scrub a bunch just to get it to move then it jumps all over. It was very smooth prior to the update, and smooth on every other program I have been using. I have a Macbook Pro M1 Max with 64GB ram and have attempted restart, changing pointer speeds/track pad speeds. I uploaded the same project to premiere rush, and it scrolls smooth as it usually does. Not sure what is going on. Any Help is great!

Premiere is Version 23.4.0 Build 56

Macbook M1 Max

64GB Ram

Mac OS 13.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I am using my MacBook Pro, I use my two fingers to scroll right to left and left to right on my timeline while editing.  For the past month or so, I have been noticing that the scroll feature is very slow, lagging, and catching.  It is no longer easy to scroll back and forth on the timeline.  I have made sure all new updates are installed but still having this issue.  Please help, it is making editing take a log longer!  It is only happening in Premiere Pro, all other scrolling on this Mac has been working smoothly.  Thank you kindly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when can we expect this fix to be in the non-beta version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 
This issue is fixed in Premiere Pro v23.5, which will be available the week of June 17. 

Regards,

Fergus

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  New update fixed it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes thank you the update fixed it!

---
Cinematic Video Production, 17+ Years of Excellence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2023 Jul 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey,

As of today, July 2, 2023, horizontal scrolly version 23.5.0 (built 56) cannot be used normally. I also tried the Beta version, same problem. Very uncomfortable!!! When will you get fixed?

I am working on WIN 11

Votes

Translate

Translate