• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Create Captions From Transcription

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the new update if anyones having this issue where you go to create captions based off of your transcription, and it just never loads it stays at 0% of the captions being created forever... You have to roll back the update to any of the previous ones to create the captions, then go back to the newer version.

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Graphics

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Hello @Matt22682188zyzt,

A product team member @Kerstin Ebert has acknowledged your issue. Are you still experiencing this bug? Please let the community know.

Thanks!
Kevin

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
28 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt!

I'm looking into this issue, can you please share in which build you are seeing this? Did you download the language pack? What is your hardware configuration?

Thanks,

Kerstin

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, yes I am also having this issue. It creates the transcriptions fine but when I go to "Create Captions from Transcript" the bar just doesn't move it stays there until finally a few minutes later it says "No Captions Available". Latest released version of premiere 23.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2023 Jun 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kerstin Ebert 

I have not reported the following two bugs, in part because I only tested in release 23.4.0 and not in the Beta. But one of them is very similar to what is reported here. Do you want me to post either of these as a separate bug?

See my post in this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-ideas/save-caption-module-default-prefences/idc-p/138342...

The discussion was regarding (Create) Caption Presets, and, in part, whether the Text Style was saved with the preset (it is not, which I think is a bug). Let's call that the "Text Style not saved with Create Caption Preset." And that discussion also includes this unresolved bug that has been reported:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/caption-presets-resets-dual-single-line-setting/idi...

And new bug #2, let's call it "Create Caption Text Style None hangs caption creation with progress > 0" (lol):

"And while testing, I discovered a bug. Text Style = "None" is the default and works fine. But if I select a Text Style and create captions and then select None the next time, it hangs with the Create Captions progress indicator. The X does allow cancelling. Restarting PR clears the problem. But switching to another project results in the hang if you used a text style in the first project and then try to use None in the second."

Edit: Tested and confirmed each bug in Beta 23.6.0.7.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Michael2997958836k8 and @Matt22682188zyzt,

I'm trying to reproduce your issue on my end so I can find a solution for it. A few questions for you:

- On which machine are you working?

- Are you trying to create captions from a static sequence (Text panel -> "..." -> "Generate static transcript") or did you transcribe your source clips and the transcript is automatically shown in the sequence (Text-Based Editing)?

- What are your settings in the "Create captions" dialogue? Can you please attach a screenshot?

- Does it still happen when you change some settings in the "Create captions" dialogue?

Thanks,

Kerstin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Stan Jones 

Thanks for all the info! I'll look into this and file the bugs.

Best,

Kerstin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates? Been having this same issue for months and couldn't find anyone else experiencing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mpsalerno,

I haven't heard an update. I have not been able to create the problem, and from @Kerstin Ebert's questions above, staff were still trying to sort the problem.

Kerstin, any update?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having issues with creating captions after updating to v23.6. The same issue where the progress bar stays at 0% after starting to create captions. The only workaround I have found is to use an older version. 22.6.4 works for me with captions but I can't get it to work in a newer version. Any else figured out this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sjf1,

Disappointing to hear it is not fixed in 23.6. I don't get the problem and can't test. I don't think anyone found a workaround.

@Kerstin Ebert 

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why has this been ignored?  Im having the same issue.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultj8b9ikjg0fcy,

It did not appear to me that anyone experiencing the problem responded to the questions asked by a staff member here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/cannot-create-captions-from-transcription/idc-p/138...

I can not replicate.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultj8b9ikjg0fcy 

Sorry to hear that you're running into thsi issue. Can you please try what Alexander is suggesting here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/premiere-pro-creating-captions-stuck-wont-ev... 

Uninstall Premiere Pro - then go to the folder where it was installed before (e.g. program files/Adobe Premiere Pro 2023) and make sure the folder is empty / or delete it if it is not. 
If you then re-install you should be back in a clean state.

Please let us know if this resolves the issue. Thanks!

Kerstin

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Months later and an entire version update and this issue still isn't fixed. Absolutely unacceptable that you charge hundreds of dollars a year for such half-baked software. Dozens of people have reported this issue for over a YEAR and no word on a solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Matt357096609fgy,

Yes, always frustrating when a bug persists. Are you a new Matt or are you the original poster? (lol)

But a) it is not clear to me that staff have ever been able to replicate the bug, b) @Kerstin Ebert did not get responses to her longer list of questions, and c) I don't see any responses indicating whether the process recommended by @alexander-riss was tried https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/premiere-pro-creating-captions-stuck-wont-ev...

To confirm, you are able to start the create caption from transcript and get a progress indicator, but it stalls showing zero as the progress?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest version of Premier Pro and still finding this issue - very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jennifer24443474f79u,

See my post just before yours, and give us more information:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/cannot-create-captions-from-transcription/idc-p/144...

I am not having this issue on 24.2.1 on Win 10, and never could replicate it.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and I just updated PP to v24.3. Captions are stuck procesing and won't create. I've tried using my caption preset and without any presets and nothing is working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Matt22682188zyzt,

A product team member @Kerstin Ebert has acknowledged your issue. Are you still experiencing this bug? Please let the community know.

Thanks!
Kevin

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Joshua2430262674ce,

I understand you are still seeing this bug. Do you see it when starting a new project? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin-Monahan I was able to make new captions with a new project. However, my current project is unable to create captions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Joshua2430262674ce,

When you see that a new project works and a project started in a previous version does not, I suggest the following:

Reset preferences, clear the media cache, create a new project, import the old project into this new one. See this regarding preserving your customizations when you reset preferences:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/premiere-pro/using/reset-preferences.html

If you try this here, let us know if it helped.

@Kerstin Ebert, when the issue is caption related, are such steps likely to help? For example, is the cache relevant to captions in a previously created project?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Joshua2430262674ce 

so you're saying that you stayed on the same version of Premiere Pro and a previously created project fails for caption creation while a brand new project successfully creates captions, is that correct?

Is it possible to share the project where caption creation fails with me? Project file without the media should be sufficient.

Thank you!

Kerstin

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I just got Adobe Premiere pro, so I am on the latest version, v24.3 and I have this issue in the tutorial that teaches you how to make caption, part of the social media video tutorial. This is not a good look for Adobe, I have attached a screenshot. Maybe trying the tutorial might help you replicate the bug and solve this issue. The fact is that it stuck on creating captions for 5-6 words at best, is actually quite poor. I am running window 10, latest version. 

yasser36631217lk1d_0-1712711295398.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using 24.3, and did the tutorial. I experienced no hang or problems. Parts of the tutorial no longer fit changes in the program, but I don't think they have anything to do with the problem you experienced.

As I said to another user, give us more information:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/cannot-create-captions-from-transcription/idc-p/144...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2024 Jul 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captură de ecran 2024-07-22 225430.pngCaptură de ecran 2024-07-22 225636.png

Hi @Kerstin Ebert 

Any thoughts please on my bug today? 

I left the caption-transcribe to do its magic for like 2 hours, but still it did not move ... it keeps loading, even if I chose just 3 min. of video. 

Or is telling me that there is no dialog in my videos but it is, I have a podcast in there ..

Looking forward to your feedback.

Many thanks!

Iasmina

Votes

Translate

Translate