• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lag when scubbing audio in TIMELINE only (works great in source monitor)

Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I scrub through the timeline there is lag that prevents me from hearing the audio very well.  Even going frame by frame with the arrow keys there is a .5 second to 1 second lag in the audio scrubbing.  When I double click the audio file and send it to the source monitor, it scrubs perfectly.  I'm working with proxy files with a 1/4 playback resolution.  

System settings:   16 inch Macbook pro M1 with 16gb memory

Premier Pro Version:  24.4.1

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Performance or Stability , Sound

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Found the problem!    In my Audio Track Mixer I added a "pitch shifter" and "parametric equalizer" effects to track 1.  When you remove the "pitch shifter" effect from the audio track mixer, the lag goes away.  When you add that same effect to the individual sound clips in the timeline, the lag is still not present.    The "parametric equalizer" effect didn't seem to effect the lag at all so I left it in the audio track mixer.

It has something to do with that Pitch Shifter effect being applied t

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Hi lsp1482,

Sorry to hear about the poor experience. Please let us know more about the media files you are using (format, frame rate & frame size). Also, where are these media files saved (internal/external/network drive), & have you applied any effects to these clips in the timeline? We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
2 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lsp1482,

Sorry to hear about the poor experience. Please let us know more about the media files you are using (format, frame rate & frame size). Also, where are these media files saved (internal/external/network drive), & have you applied any effects to these clips in the timeline? We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found the problem!    In my Audio Track Mixer I added a "pitch shifter" and "parametric equalizer" effects to track 1.  When you remove the "pitch shifter" effect from the audio track mixer, the lag goes away.  When you add that same effect to the individual sound clips in the timeline, the lag is still not present.    The "parametric equalizer" effect didn't seem to effect the lag at all so I left it in the audio track mixer.

It has something to do with that Pitch Shifter effect being applied to the audio track mixer.

Any thoughts on what's causing that?

Votes

Translate

Translate