• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premeire Pro Sync Issue with External TC for TentacleSync on footage.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Sony Fx-3 and Sony a7rv using TentacleSyc for External Timing, and multiple TencleSyc-E's for audio.

When imported to Premiere Pro or imported as a TencleSync App xml file.   If syncing in Premiere Pro to create a multicam sequence, there is an error message indicating that some of the footage is missing TC and can not be synchronized.   

If manually synchronized using TC or by opening the XML file, and then creating a multicamera sequence, all appears okay, but then if you make any edits, close out the project, and reopen ... the audio tracks appear grayed out and with stripes.   

It is not possible to relink or resync the audio clips and so makes the whole proejct unrecoverable and useable.

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Import and ingest

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Can you provide some representative media (containing timecode), and a TentacleSync .xml referencing it? 

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
6 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide some representative media (containing timecode), and a TentacleSync .xml referencing it? 

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can share via a Dropbox folder a couple of smaller clips. The original project files are too big. Can I provide a link to the files without sharing them publicly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes {I'll DM you}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to reproduce your issue. Which version of Premiere Pro are you using? Are you on Mac or Win? If Mac, is your system Mac ARM or Mac Intel? Do you have a screen recording or exact steps to reproduce the problem?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open the SAMPLE FOR ADOBE.prproj I gave you, I see the stripes.

I am on the latest version of Premiere: 24.4.1.   I am using a MacBook Pro 2021, Apple M1 Max.

I have also uploaded a screen recording (Demo of issue on my computer.mp4) of the issue captured on my computer and placed it in the Dropbox folder previously shared.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi CMD,
I sent you a DM with aditional details, but the issue appears to be that the XML from Tentacle Sync has some bad entries in it. I'll send them an email and will see if we can get a conversation started. You should probably do the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate